https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/5379-msw_to_quark_express_right_to_left_languages.html

MSW to Quark Express - Right to Left Languages
Thread poster: Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:48
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 28, 2002

I have posted this question in the Arabic Language Forum. But I it relates to other right to left languages, other than Arabic.

Arabic files created by old MSW files were saved as TEXT ONLY files which were easily imported into Mac Quark Express with Phoenix extension.

With MSW 2000 that is not working any more which has forced me to follow a long procedure to overcome the problem.

I will appreciate if a pro can tell me how to make
... See more
I have posted this question in the Arabic Language Forum. But I it relates to other right to left languages, other than Arabic.

Arabic files created by old MSW files were saved as TEXT ONLY files which were easily imported into Mac Quark Express with Phoenix extension.

With MSW 2000 that is not working any more which has forced me to follow a long procedure to overcome the problem.

I will appreciate if a pro can tell me how to make Arabic files created by MSW 2000 on the English system directly available for import into Quark Express?

Collapse

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:48
German to English
+ ...
suggestions Sep 29, 2002

Although I can\'t help you directly, assuming you\'ve already checked out the MS and Quark sites without finding anything helpful (which wouldn\'t be all that surprising), you could try sending an e-mail to Publish magazine (the successor to the Dutch edition of MacWorld) at [email protected]. The people there know XPress inside out, and their answers to readers\' questions are by far the most knowledgeable and expert of an... See more
Although I can\'t help you directly, assuming you\'ve already checked out the MS and Quark sites without finding anything helpful (which wouldn\'t be all that surprising), you could try sending an e-mail to Publish magazine (the successor to the Dutch edition of MacWorld) at [email protected]. The people there know XPress inside out, and their answers to readers\' questions are by far the most knowledgeable and expert of any I\'ve seen in any magazine anywhere (and I\'m sure they wouldn\'t mind receiving such a question in English). In your question, please specify the versions of both MSW and XPress and the platform(s) (type of computer and OS + version) on which they are being used.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MSW to Quark Express - Right to Left Languages

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »