Arabic PDF to MSW 2000
Thread poster: Sami Khamou

Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:45
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 4, 2002

I have been trying to convert an Arabic PDF file into MSW through converting PDF to text. When I open the Arabic file in MSW 2000 the characters are in reverse order. Is there a way to convert the file succesfully?

I will appreciate any help.

Direct link Reply with quote
shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:45
English to Arabic
+ ...
Couple of possible ways Oct 4, 2002

Greetings... Yaa halla bik...

If you have the full Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5 (that should be the current version of the software, IIRC), AA 5.0.5 includes a feature to enable converting an opened PDF file into MS Word-compatible text.

Unless the PDF source file is a large, multi-page monster, perhaps the easier way is to print the PDF item and re-type the text \"fresh\" into Arabic MS Word.

Also, you might contact and ask the sender of that PDF to send you the original file which he/she converted from \"Format X\" into PDF in the first place.

If you can get at least an Arabic ASCII / \'text only\' file, that format should make working with the file easier than PDF => MS Word (musiibah).

Hope this helps.

Khair, in sha\' Allah. ÎíÑ Åä ÔÇÁ Çááå

Regards from Los Angeles,

Stephen H. Franke

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic PDF to MSW 2000

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs