https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/58558-searching_for_an_alignment_software_but_just_for_editing.html

Searching for an alignment software, but just for editing
Thread poster: hugov
hugov
hugov
English to French
Oct 29, 2006

Hello,

I am currently using Trados as an alignment software. Actually, I don't know if this is the way the word has to be used, but what I do basically is I use the translation unit feature in Workbench (yellow/green square), which I found very convenient. All I do with Trados is this, to proofread the text when I'm done by clicking hidden text in Word.

I would like to know if there is any open source/freeware/closed source software that would allow me to use a feature
... See more
Hello,

I am currently using Trados as an alignment software. Actually, I don't know if this is the way the word has to be used, but what I do basically is I use the translation unit feature in Workbench (yellow/green square), which I found very convenient. All I do with Trados is this, to proofread the text when I'm done by clicking hidden text in Word.

I would like to know if there is any open source/freeware/closed source software that would allow me to use a feature in Word or in OpenOffice Writer to review my text as with Workbench, but without Trados, because the proofreading feature is a little buggy (I get a lot of green quotation marks for no apparent reason).
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:49
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
PlusTools and Wordfast has something for you Oct 30, 2006

hugov wrote:
I would like to know if there is any open source/freeware/closed source software that would allow me to use a feature in Word or in OpenOffice Writer to review my text as with Workbench...

You can align using PlusTools (available for free from the Wordfast site). There are opensource aligners (those used with OmegaT, for example) but not all of them offer viewers and editors along with the aligner.

You might also consider looking into bitext.

hugov
hugov
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting... Nov 1, 2006

Which of these tools can be used from OpenOffice/Word and which can not? Do your recommend any of them in particular?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching for an alignment software, but just for editing

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »