Bugbear virus?
Thread poster: French Locale

French Locale
Local time: 07:39
English to French
+ ...
Oct 25, 2002

Dear all,

I\'ve just received a strange e-mail from \"Claire\'s computer\" with \"Legal translation\" as the object. This email is written in English and related to English & German legal translations.

Don\'t know whether that\'s a mistake or not as the recipient indicated in the body of the message is \"Jean-Francis\" (strange name), but this message contains the Bugbear virus and should be deleted.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
See the related threads... Oct 25, 2002

...on this topic (search the forums for \"Bugbear\"). The trouble with this worm is that the messages sent are random, created using a separate SMTP engine (installed by the worm), using a random combination of addresses and messages found on the infected machine.

I have posted detailed information on how this works on quite a few threads, such as this one:

www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=5565&forum=14&2

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-25 15:11 ]

lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
Me too... Oct 26, 2002

I have become very careful since I know of Bugbear. And, indeed, yesterday I also get a mail from an unknown person about German-English translation. I could read it from the preview, and I deleted it without opening it.

French Locale
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 26, 2002

Ok, thanks for the info, Ralf.

Véronique

Albert Golub  Identity Verified
English to French
www.bitdefender.com Oct 26, 2002

You can download a very small programme that dtects and removes bugbear from your computer from that site.

Good luck

tradusport  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:39
Portuguese to French
+ ...
et aussi... Oct 26, 2002

à partir de www.grisoft.com, un programme qui s\'appelle AV6 ( gratuit).

Bonne chance

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bugbear virus?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs