Mobile menu

Spell check nightmare in Trados TagEditor
Thread poster: ALAIN COTE
ALAIN COTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:19
Japanese to French
Nov 13, 2002

I am using the Japanese version of Trados 5.5, and in Tag Editor I selected the option \"Word spelling checker\" in the Plug-ins Tab.

I translate from Japanese to French, and though the spell checker functions very well in Word, such is not the case in TagEditor.

Basically, the problem is that the spell checker cannot recognize French words with diacritical marks... For example, in the word \"éternel\", the letter \"é\" will be ignored and the spell checker will propose a correction for the word \"ternel\"...

Any idea how I could solve this problem ?

For the moment, I translate the html files in TagEditor, open and correct them in Microsoft FrontPage (where I can use the French spell cheker), then make the corrections one more time in TagEditor... a real nightmare!

I tried TagEditor in both French and Japanese versions of Windows XP (dual boot), without success.

Other (relevant?) technical details : Office XP in the Japanese Windows XP, Office 2000 in French Windows XP.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-13 04:44 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check nightmare in Trados TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs