Thread poster: Adela Van Gils

Adela Van Gils  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:53
German to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 20, 2007

Dear colleagues,

My question is if I can convert or rather adapt a DejaVue Tm into Trados? I have started with Trados only recently and now a client is coming up with a DejaVue TM.

Thanks, Adela

Direct link Reply with quote

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:53
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Yes Jan 21, 2007

You need to export the Deja Vu TM into a txt file (or Workbench format) and then import this txt file into Trados TM. However, I noticed importing this kind of txt file into Trados 7.0 may cause corrupted characters in my pair (English-Chinese). But any version lower than 7.0 is fine.

Marius Reika  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Export to tmx Jan 21, 2007

Export to tmx format the DV tm and import the export file to Trados tm. There are other export options, but this should suit you fine.

If you don't have DV, just ask the the client to do the export stuff,
or download the trial version of DVX. Actually, I don't remember what options are enabled in the trial version, but you might give it a try, or wait for other prozians comments.

Marius

PS: Zhoudan mentioned corrupt characters - these should be alright in the tmx export file.

[Edited at 2007-01-21 00:41]

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:53
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
ask Atril for an activation code Jan 21, 2007

DVX trial version is fully functional for a month after it is activated. Atril normally provides you with a code for Professional version.

And thank you for the information on tmx export file, Marius! Will try this later.

Marius Reika wrote:

or download the trial version of DVX. Actually, I don't remember what options are enabled in the trial version, but you might give it a try, or wait for other prozians comments.

Marius

PS: Zhoudan mentioned corrupt characters - these should be alright in the tmx export file.

[Edited at 2007-01-21 00:41]

Adela Van Gils  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:53
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 21, 2007

Thanks for the information. As I dont have not yet received the TM in DejaVue, I havent got a clue how it works. I am a starter and so dont even know how to import a TM into Trados, let alone export it from DejaVue. But I hope that by the time I get the TM someone will be on line to help me out. At least its possible, and that was part of the question. Thanks again.
Adela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DejaVue TM into Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs