Translation of PHP files with Trados 6.5
Thread poster: Agua

Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 23, 2007

Hello,

I am translating a web page. The .htm files I have no problem with, but TagEditor does not seem to work well with the php files.

Can it be done, please and is there anything I should do which is different between .htm and .php files, please?

Thank you.

Best,

Mar

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try turtoise tagger May 24, 2007

http://www.proz.com/topic/30663

I usually translate them straight in Word using forced segmenting with Wordfast. Only the strings within the quotation marks need to be translated, but not those variable-names, which are also in quotation marks. Save in text-format.

Cheers
Heinrich

Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 24, 2007

Hello again,

Thank you very much, Heinrich. I did do a search for the topic and found nothing helpful...

This time I will just translate with TextPad, since it is only a couple of files out of a whole bunch, but I am keeping the information to try it out during the summer and be ready for next time.

Thank you again.

Best,

Mar

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 02:45
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Tortoise Tagger: +1 May 24, 2007

I used it to localize PHP strings, can commend it.

Hint: a statement here, a paragraph there, NOT translated with TM tools, can eventually mean a lot of missing memory down the road.

A big fat TM is by my experience one of the major productivity boosters.

Think of it.

smo

[Edited at 2007-05-24 10:51]

Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I agree :-). May 24, 2007

Hello again,

Thank you, Vito... I will probably add them to the memory, except that time is playing against me at this particular time.

However, believe me, into the TM they will go, eventually.

Thank you again.

Best,

Mar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of PHP files with Trados 6.5

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums