Mobile menu

WordFinder 7 incompatible with Vista/Word 2007/Trados 2007
Thread poster: ScanTran

ScanTran
Local time: 08:24
Danish to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2007

I use the WordFinder7 suite of dictionaries where you can click on a word in the source text and this automatically takes you to the dictionary entry. No cutting and pasting involved.

However, I have now upgraded to Vista with Windows 2007 and Trados 2007 and WordFinder 7 does not work in the same way. I need to physically cut and paste test into the dictionary to look things up.

Anyone know where the problems lies?

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Dunno Oct 22, 2007

It sounds horribly as if your problems can be summed up in one word - Vista, and the answer in two - XP Pro.

I am buying a new laptop tomorrow, and have deliberately chosen XP Pro for compatibility with such software (I also use WordFinder).

Vista may be great for games and music, but not yet for business.

[Edited at 2007-10-22 16:24]

Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 09:24
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dear Peter, Oct 22, 2007

WordFinder 8 or earlier won’t work properly with MS Office 2007 under Windows XP (I have not tried WordFinder 9 yet).

Sven Petersson
Medical translator
Web site: www.svenp.com

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Incompatibilities Oct 23, 2007

Sven Petersson wrote:
WordFinder 8 or earlier won’t work properly with MS Office 2007 under Windows XP

Thanks for the warning. I will stick to boring old Office 2000. WordFinder 8 and 9 work fine with that.

However, I cannot get WordFinder to work well with TagEditor. Sometimes works, more often nothing happens. Very friustrating.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFinder 7 incompatible with Vista/Word 2007/Trados 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs