Mobile menu

Trados Corporate Translation Solution - how much?
Thread poster: International Translation Agency Ltd //
International Translation Agency Ltd //
Local time: 04:25
English to French
+ ...
Mar 3, 2003

Greetings to everyone!



I\'ve been trying to find out about the price of the \"Trados corporate translation solution\" package with no success.



I browsed Trados website as well as TranslationZone.com, where I found detailed description of the Solution...but no price!



I also wrote to various contacts at Trados without receiving any answer to date! They are not very customer-oriented, are they?



Can anyone help?



Thanks and kind regards



Rachid





Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:25
English to German
+ ...
Who exactly did you contact? Mar 3, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-03-03 09:48, ITA Ltd wrote:

Greetings to everyone!



I\'ve been trying to find out about the price of the \"Trados corporate translation solution\" package with no success.



I browsed Trados website as well as TranslationZone.com, where I found detailed description of the Solution...but no price!



I believe that\'s on purpose, since the price of the SPS (Service Provider Suite) depends on the exact scope of the license.



Quote:
I also wrote to various contacts at Trados without receiving any answer to date! They are not very customer-oriented, are they?



Not sure who you contacted - I never had any problems with their Stuttgart headquarters. Who did you write to?



Best regards, Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote
 
International Translation Agency Ltd //
Local time: 04:25
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados CTS Mar 3, 2003

Dear Ralf,



Many Thanks for your prompt reply and readiness to help.



I wrote to the UK offices of Trados (as it is the office that handles queries from Malta). I also wrote to Trados HQ.



Do you know the cost of the Corporate Solution. I intend introducing it to all my inhouse translators on a network of 5 working stations (or PCs). The Freelance version of Trados is not the best option for us.



Thanks once again!



Rachid







Quote:


On 2003-03-03 10:06, Lemster wrote:

Quote:


On 2003-03-03 09:48, ITA Ltd wrote:

Greetings to everyone!



I\'ve been trying to find out about the price of the \"Trados corporate translation solution\" package with no success.



I browsed Trados website as well as TranslationZone.com, where I found detailed description of the Solution...but no price!



I believe that\'s on purpose, since the price of the SPS (Service Provider Suite) depends on the exact scope of the license.



Quote:
I also wrote to various contacts at Trados without receiving any answer to date! They are not very customer-oriented, are they?



Not sure who you contacted - I never had any problems with their Stuttgart headquarters. Who did you write to?



Best regards, Ralf



Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:25
English to German
+ ...
Don't know... Mar 3, 2003

...although I use the software myself, I can\'t tell you the current price, since I\'ve upgraded from earlier versions.



Direct link Reply with quote
 

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:25
English to French
A piece of advice... Mar 4, 2003

Maybe not that relevant, but quite frankly, I would suggest you take a serious look at wordfast before purchasing Trados.



It does support networking at all levels (LAN, HTTP, FTP and a non consecutive email TM sharing solution), can handle about everything Trados does, is very cheap, has many functions which you will not find in Trados, and, to cap it, is very simple to learn.



Yes it is cheap, but it does the job. Think about it. (Oh, if you worry about working with Trados guys, know that it is fully compatible, and that you can manage Trados freelancers no sweat. Support for Wordfast is free, very helpful and fast too)



I am not receiving commissions from Wordfast in any way, but I always feel kind of sad when I see people spending a lot of hard earned bucks just because Trados was the first on the market and is more widely known.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Corporate Translation Solution - how much?

Advanced search


Translation news related to CAT tools





Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs