Error trying to download Idiom WorldServer
Thread poster: Cecilia Falk

Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:59
English to Swedish
Dec 18, 2007

Hi,
I need to download Idiom WorldServer to check it out ASAP, but I only get error messages on their home page (I have registered and all):
http://www.idiominc.com/

Anybody know of other places to download it? Or does anybody have the installation file and could send it to me?
(NOTE: Do not send any files directly - to avoid being swamped with heavy files )

Best regards,
Cecilia

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
One can download it? Dec 18, 2007

Cecilia Falk wrote:
I need to download Idiom WorldServer...

I wasn't aware that Idiom WorldServer was freely downloadable. I use Idiom but I never had to download the server package (that's the agency's module, isn't it?). There is the desktop package, which I had to download (got a link in an e-mail from an agency), and the server module can be used via a modern web browser.

English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
WorldServer Desktop Workbench Dec 18, 2007

Sorry for being unclear, I meant the WorldServer Desktop Workbench (I presume this is the user module).

Best regards,
Cecilia

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Hej Cecilia Dec 18, 2007

You're right, I get the same error message.

Just write a complaint to the Idiom support. Usually, they are super fast, and reply 24/7.
Either they'll fix the link, or the can send you the file in a mail...

/Jan

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Correct Dec 18, 2007

Cecilia Falk wrote:
I meant the WorldServer Desktop Workbench (I presume this is the user module).

Correct. Although I'm not sure if you can do anything with it unless you have files that were exported using the server edition. At least, I've never tried to do it.

English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed Dec 18, 2007

I wrote to support this morning before I went on a shopping spree, and when I came home they had fixed the faulty link and contacted me, superfast - just like Jan said!
Jan, I have seen that you've commented on this tool before. I am downloading it as I have been requested to use it for a major project, and I want to check it out before I commit myself. I understand that you use it just to download files, that you then translate in TagEditor. This is the kind of scenario I am looking for, but I have to know what I am talking about before I make any suggestions to the client. Can I contact you off list (and in Swedish ) for furhter information?

Best regards,
Cecilia

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
No need for DW if you use TTX or XLIFF Dec 18, 2007

Cecilia Falk wrote:
I understand that you use it just to download files, that you then translate in TagEditor.

AFAIK, there is no need to download and install the Desktop Workbench (DW) if you're going to use Trados. The web server gives the option of downloading TTX files directly, so you can translate it in Trados without bothering with the DW.

Please note that when I translate Idiom files, I have to make use of the DW because it is easier to sort and view the stuff in DW before exporting the must-translates to tab-delimited text... which I need because I use Wordfast.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Only if the customer allows it Dec 19, 2007

Samuel Murray wrote:

Cecilia Falk wrote:
I understand that you use it just to download files, that you then translate in TagEditor.

AFAIK, there is no need to download and install the Desktop Workbench (DW) if you're going to use Trados. The web server gives the option of downloading TTX files directly, so you can translate it in Trados without bothering with the DW.

Hi Samuel and all,

This is only partly true. The server admin can customize the workflow to either allow or prohibit download in external formats. It's all up to the whim of the customer.

Until Idiom WS 8, we have received tasks that can be exported as SGML, for easy handling in TagEditor. But with WS 9, our end client prefers to block this feature, so we are forced to work with the Desktop Workbench after the upgrade.

/Jan

PS. Cecilia, sure - just drop me a PM here on Proz, and we'll take it in Swedish from there!

[Edited at 2007-12-19 09:28]

kavitajp
Hindi to Polish
Idiom worlserver9 integrate with Sqlserver2005 Jan 29, 2008

Hi,
Iam working on Idiom Worldserver9.I want to integrate worldserver with Sql database.can u please provide a solution for this.

Thanks&Regards
kavita

clynch  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:59
Spanish to English
Integrating WorldServer 9 with SQLServer 2005 Feb 5, 2008

Hi Kavita

Can you expand a bit? Are you asking about connecting the WorldServer server-side application to an external database content repository? Or is your question in reference to the Desktop Workbench?

-Clove

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error trying to download Idiom WorldServer

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs