Thread poster: Csaba Ban

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:25
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Mar 12, 2003

Hi folks,

I am trying to use the Translate function in Trados (5.5), but no success. My source files are rtf with Trados tags. I would like to pretranslate these files using the Translate function. I checked the \"Segment unknown sentences\" box and the next two options are set to \"Don\'t\".

AFAIK, this is the way I should do this, but out of several dozen trials, I got the desired bilingual file only once, the rest were left untranslated monolingual files.

(The reason I am doing this is because I would like to process these files in Deja Vu, in a Trados Workbench project.)

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

thank you,

Csaba Ban

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 09:25
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Write protected ? Mar 12, 2003

Maybe the files are write protected ?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Pretranslate function won\'t work

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs