Mobile menu

CAT Tool to translate Guarani
Thread poster: Kyju

Local time: 22:38
Spanish to Guarani
+ ...
Jan 18, 2008

Hi people!
I am a GuaraniSpanish translator and would like to learn if there is any adequate CAT tool to use with the Guarani language. Suggestions welcome!
Thanks for your help,

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:38
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Deja Vu Jan 18, 2008

Deja Vu X lists Guarani among supported languages. You can download the demo version and use it for 30 days.

Local time: 15:38
English to Spanish
Have a look to this page... Jan 18, 2008

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:38
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
OmegaT ( Jan 19, 2008

should be OK. And it´s free and open-source.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:38
English to Swedish
+ ...
Handling of non-unicode chars? Jan 21, 2008

Hi Kyju and all,

Tadzio, thanks for the great URL. Very useful!

I guess the crux of the matter here is the handling of non-unicode chars.

This is what wikipedia has to say on the topic:

"The tilded versions of "E", "I", "U", "Y", and "G" are not available in ISO Latin-1 fonts, but can be represented in Unicode (except that tilded "G" is not available as a single precomposed glyph, and must be encoded as a combining tilde plus a plain "G"). In digital environments where those glyphs are not available, the tilde is often postfixed to the base character ("E~", "I~", "U~", "Y~", "G~") or a circumflex is used instead ("Ê", "Î", "Û", "Ŷ", "Ĝ")."

Perhaps the various CAT tools handle these special chars differently?!
I never had a Windows installation in Guarani or a Guarani keyboard to try, but this could be an interesting test project.

Kyju, why don't you try a few tools and experiment, and post back your results?!

I can imagine that you'd get more "real life feedback" if you post this question on the spanish-speaking part of the forum here...

[Edited at 2008-01-21 09:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT Tool to translate Guarani

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs