Thread poster: Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 14:18
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 1, 2008

I like to use keyboard shortcuts, avoids aches and pains.
However - the "Get * Placeable" in Trados is impossible to use.
The combination of Ctrl+Alt+ Up, Down or whatever, will turn the screen display upside down (or whatever direction of arrow I press) on my computer.
Is there anything I can do about this?
Like changing the key combination in Trados, or disabling this default feature on the computer( I can tink of absolutely no circumstances where I would want an upsid
... See more
I like to use keyboard shortcuts, avoids aches and pains.
However - the "Get * Placeable" in Trados is impossible to use.
The combination of Ctrl+Alt+ Up, Down or whatever, will turn the screen display upside down (or whatever direction of arrow I press) on my computer.
Is there anything I can do about this?
Like changing the key combination in Trados, or disabling this default feature on the computer( I can tink of absolutely no circumstances where I would want an upside-down or sideways display....)
Collapse

Juan Martín Fernández Rowda
Juan Martín Fernández Rowda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Assigning Customized Key Combinations to Macros Feb 1, 2008

Well, actually there is something you can do if you are working in Word. As you know, Trados uses macros included in a template for Word. You can assign shortcut keys to these macros, in your case for "get placeable". In word, go to Tools > Customize, then select Keyboard. No you have to clic on Macros and pick the right one . Trados macros always star with T, so press T and you'll get there. Check for the relevant macro and just assign the combination of keys you prefer.

Hope it he
... See more
Well, actually there is something you can do if you are working in Word. As you know, Trados uses macros included in a template for Word. You can assign shortcut keys to these macros, in your case for "get placeable". In word, go to Tools > Customize, then select Keyboard. No you have to clic on Macros and pick the right one . Trados macros always star with T, so press T and you'll get there. Check for the relevant macro and just assign the combination of keys you prefer.

Hope it helps
Juan
Collapse

Buck
Buck
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Ctrl+Alt+arrow keys Feb 1, 2008

this combination does exactly what it's supposed, to and has nothing to do with Trados. ctrl+alt+PgDn is the command for expanding a string.
Hope this helps.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Keyboard shortcuts Feb 1, 2008

You should disable these hotkeys in your graphics adapter settings (right-click your Desktop and select Properties - Settings - Advanced; the exact place where to disable the hotkeys depends on your display driver).

I can tink of absolutely no circumstances where I would want an upside-down or sideways display...

It's useful for people who use pivot monitors (monitors that can be rotated).

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 1, 2008

I tried Hynek's solution first, and it worked!

You made my day, this has been driving me nuts. And I DID look for an option like this, but when you suggested it, I went back and looked closer - and found it

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard shortcuts

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »