Thread poster: Gabriela Hebin

Gabriela Hebin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:00
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 23, 2003

Is there any way to convert a Multiterm 5.0 glossary into a text file?

Thanks in advance!
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:00
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Open it in Wordfast Mar 23, 2003

Download a free test version of Wordfast at www.champollion.net. Open the MultiTerm file as a Wordfast glossary.

Regards,

Gerard

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:00
English to Czech
Use Wordfast Mar 23, 2003

Wordfast (www.champollion.net) automatically creates a TXT file from an MTW file.

I believe even an unregistered version of Wordfast will do this.

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:00
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can do it using Trados! Mar 23, 2003

I\'m sorry this help is, sometimes in Spanish, but I wouldn\'t know how to do it in English.

When requested, remember to use the definition: Backup.mdx (to export all fields in .txt)

What you have to do first, is to locate the file \"Backup.mdx\" (You can do it using the search function of the explorer).

Mine is at:

C:\\Archivos de programa\\TRADOS\\T5_FL\\TT

1) Open the desired term base.

2) Go to \"menú Archivo\", select \"Definir exportación\".

3) Select \"UPLOAD\" (or \"CARGAR\"). If you don\'t see the file \"backup.mdx\" inmediately, please go to \"Browse\" and locate the file \"backup.mdx\". Accept it, and close the window.

4) Go back to \"Menú Archivo\" and select \"Exportar todas las entradas\". Select the location of the resulting file (you will have to name it) and that\'s all!

Bye!

Clarisa Moraña

(note: Parte de la ayuda en pantalla de MultiTerm 5. Copyright (c) 2001 TRADOS Ireland Ltd., Dublín (Irlanda).)

Gabriela Hebin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:00
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Mar 24, 2003

Thank you all for your input. In fact, the translators who needed to see the glossary are using WordFast, so they followed that procedure.

WordFast seems to be a pretty good program. Makes me wonder why the heck we are all so stuck on Trados.

Merci, gracias, thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert Multiterm glossary to text file

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums