Off topic: A book that I strongly recommend to all of you!
Thread poster: Bin Zhang
Bin Zhang
Bin Zhang  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 4, 2003

Recently I bought a book,and I found it is very useful.Especially for a new translator who just graduated college and just started
the translation career,this book is really helpful. It leads you and helps you solve frequent problems that you always run accross.
Name of the book: The Translator's Handbook
ISBN:1-88756-3423
List price:$24.95(but you probably can buy it at ebay.com or some other cheap-book store at a lower price if you are lucky.)
Author: Mordecai Sc
... See more
Recently I bought a book,and I found it is very useful.Especially for a new translator who just graduated college and just started
the translation career,this book is really helpful. It leads you and helps you solve frequent problems that you always run accross.
List price:$24.95(but you probably can buy it at ebay.com or some other cheap-book store at a lower price if you are lucky.)
Author: Mordecai Schreiber
pages: 430 (papercover)
(this is a recommendation from experience, not for commerical purpose!)
Collapse

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
HI! Jul 28, 2003

Bin Zhang wrote:

Author: Mordecai Schreiber
pages: 430 (papercover)
(this is a recommendation from experience, not for commerical purpose!)

Hi Bin Zhang,

I do feel an urge to buy the book you are recommending here. Can you please advise if it's possible to buy it via PayPal? TIA.

Bin Zhang
Bin Zhang  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply. Jul 28, 2003

Thank you for your reply. Go to www.half.com
to buy this book at a cheap price.

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you! Jul 28, 2003

Bin Zhang wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Go to www.half.com
to buy this book at a cheap price.

Thank you very much. Price: $8.98, incredible!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A book that I strongly recommend to all of you!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »