Thread poster: Denyce Seow

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 19:28
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Dec 2, 2008

Hi all,

I started using Microsoft Word 2008 a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't gotten over the fact that its WORDCOUNT function does not give an Asian character count. With my previous version of WORD, I was able to know the number of Chinese characters in an English/Chinese file.

What software do you use to do Chinese character count? I found Count Anything but this is a Windows-based application. I need something that works on Mac. Is anyone using AnyCount? Is it accurate when it comes to counting Chinese characters?

Denyce

Direct link Reply with quote

redred  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
精准 Dec 2, 2008

要这么精确?能用上字数统计软件的原稿是非word文稿,图片居多,建议按份来算钱,如果没这种软件,难道一个个字来数?时间精力也划不来,况且图片的原稿也不好伺候。客户说(设计对白),“其他人有这个软件,或其他人可以把字统计出来,就你没。”这行业将任人宰割。

[Edited at 2008-12-02 07:06 GMT]

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Target word count Dec 2, 2008

I use target word count in this situation. At adjusted rate, of course. I don't really mind diagrams and uneditable formats. Life is a game of give and take, isn't it? I have clients who pay me the full rate for repetitions.

[Edited at 2008-12-02 07:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Character count software

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs