Thread poster: Penelope Ausejo

Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 5, 2009

Good morning,

I have a question, but I am not sure in which forum I should post it. I am trying to figure out into which Chinese, we should translate a Spanish Website aimed at the Chinese people living in Spain. I guess, most of them come from Mainland China, but this is just a guess.

Do you recommend the Website is translated into Simplified or Traditional Chinese? Any other considerations?

Thank you very much in advance

Please, I would appreciate your answers either in English or Spanish. I don't speak Chinese

Thank you very much for your time!

Have a nice day

[Edited at 2009-02-05 06:47 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxwonita
China
Local time: 03:04
Targeted at Chinese refugees? Feb 5, 2009

All Chinese refugees in Spain are from the southeast coast of the People's Republic of China. Documents for them should be translated into simplified Chinese, the official language of PRC. Most Chinese refugees are badly educated, quite some finished only primary school. That said, the simpler the translation, the better.

Hope this helps.

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:04
Chinese to English
+ ...
Chinese in Spain Feb 5, 2009

Penelope,

Here's a Wiki page that gives a general description on the demographics of ethnic Chinese living in Spain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_people_in_Spain

I myself have no knowledge on the subject of the Chinese population in Spain. But based on the statistics from the Wiki page, I would say you want to go with Simplified Chinese if you had to pick one. It's the standard written form of Chinese used by people living in Mainland China.

Nowadays, Madrid, Barcelona, and the Canary Islands are home to the largest Chinese communities of Spain. Their population is growing rapidly; their numbers are estimated to have multiplied tenfold in just 13 years. Unlike earlier waves of Chinese immigrants in other countries, over 80% of the Chinese in Spain come from Zhejiang's Qingtian County, with smaller numbers from Guangdong and Fujian. Others have come from Hong Kong, Macau, and Chinese communities of Southeast Asia (especially Vietnam and Philippines), Latin America, and Europe.

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks both Feb 6, 2009

Thanks both!

I'm going to post the potential job.

BTW Bin, I sent you an e-mail regarding (approximate) professional rates for this pair. I know your combination is different, but maybe you could help me get an idea.

Have a nice weekend!

xxxwonita
China
Mail Feb 6, 2009

Penelope Ausejo wrote:

Thanks both!

I'm going to post the potential job.

BTW Bin, I sent you an e-mail regarding (approximate) professional rates for this pair. I know your combination is different, but maybe you could help me get an idea.

Have a nice weekend!

When did you send me an email? Haven't got anything yet.

Bin

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trash folder? Feb 6, 2009

uhmm... have you checked your trash folder? I'm gonna re-send it to you. Thx Bin

xxxwonita
China
Nowhere Feb 6, 2009

Penelope Ausejo wrote:

uhmm... have you checked your trash folder? I'm gonna re-send it to you. Thx Bin

Hi Penelope,

I've checked the trash folder, and nothing is there either.

Please resend me the email.

Bin

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
wrong address? Feb 6, 2009

I have sent you a message thru the proz system with the e-mail I have

xxxwonita
China
Email received, Feb 6, 2009

Penelope Ausejo wrote:

I have sent you a message thru the proz system with the e-mail I have

but my reply to you was returned, reason: server configuration problem. I 've tried several times, no success.

Hope you have got the instant message at Proz.com

Bin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese in Spain

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs