Point of grammar - the use of 穦 and 璶 as markers of future tense
Thread poster: R. A. Stegemann

R. A. Stegemann
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 11:33
German to English
+ ...
Jul 28, 2003

I have noticed that 穦 and 璶 can both indicate future tense. Are they always interchangeable in this context? If not, when are they not?

Yes, I know that in other contexts, they can mean very different things, but this is not the issue here.

Well, I was told that this is the proper place to discuss these matters, so I am looking forward to your response.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
會 and 要 Jul 28, 2003

Hamo wrote:

I have noticed that 會 and 要 can both indicate future tense. Are they always interchangeable in this context? If not, when are they not?

Yes, I know that in other contexts, they can mean very different things, but this is not the issue here.

Well, I was told that this is the proper place to discuss these matters, so I am looking forward to your response.

Hi Hamo,

据我的理解:

會:将要            

例如:我会去看她  I am going to see her

要:表示愿望    
例如:我要去看她  I want to
see her

我想會有其他同事解釋的更好。

[Edited at 2003-07-28 14:03]

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
會﹔ 要 Jul 28, 2003

[Edited at 2003-07-28 17:31]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Point of grammar - the use of 穦 and 璶 as markers of future tense

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs