What is fairly acceptable rate, and what is acceptable quality? 质量与价格问题
Thread poster: LinguaText (X)
LinguaText (X)
LinguaText (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 18, 2003

This is a bilingual post. want to learn more comments esp. from those full-time freelancers based in China.

双语贴,征国内有经验朋友回帖。

I'm a new memeber. I understand there may be similiar past posts here. But time changes, and rates fluctuate.

PROZ新丁向各位请教。可能中文论坛曾有类似帖子,但事过境迁,价格也有沉浮。

What's your fair rate for an internationally outsourced project, both
... See more
This is a bilingual post. want to learn more comments esp. from those full-time freelancers based in China.

双语贴,征国内有经验朋友回帖。

I'm a new memeber. I understand there may be similiar past posts here. But time changes, and rates fluctuate.

PROZ新丁向各位请教。可能中文论坛曾有类似帖子,但事过境迁,价格也有沉浮。

What's your fair rate for an internationally outsourced project, both English into and out of Chinese? I understand different prices apply to a local market, but I want to talk about your rate acceptable to you payed by an international outsourcer.

你在给国外下单的价格如何定价国内情况不同,这里想了解国际情况。

Although my second question is addressed to quality, but quality is always part of the service including the prices you charge a clients. No acceptable quality, price means nothing. What's your quality standard?

第二个问题跟第一个问题关系紧密。质量和价格都是服务的一部分,没有质量就谈不上价格。你的质量标准是什么?

[Edited at 2003-08-18 18:02]

[Edited at 2003-08-20 14:03]
Collapse

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:22
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TextLingua, please re-post the message with correct code. Aug 19, 2003

TextLingua,

Thank you for your new message. But I cannot read much of it and get your point. Your Chinese text code all corrupted.

Please re-post your message. For your information, the popular Chinese codes the most translators use here is either GB2312 for SCH or Big5 for TCH. Be sure to set the code first in the View in the Menu bar in your browser before the each time you write a message for the Forum.

Kevin

Addded on 08-19-03:

... See more
TextLingua,

Thank you for your new message. But I cannot read much of it and get your point. Your Chinese text code all corrupted.

Please re-post your message. For your information, the popular Chinese codes the most translators use here is either GB2312 for SCH or Big5 for TCH. Be sure to set the code first in the View in the Menu bar in your browser before the each time you write a message for the Forum.

Kevin

Addded on 08-19-03:

Great! You fixed it. The Chinese characters are displayed correctly now. Thank you!

Kevin

[Edited at 2003-08-19 17:28]
Collapse

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:22
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
了解客户的要求,收取令你自己满意的价格 Aug 19, 2003

一、质量:了解客户的质量要求,诚实地报告你的翻译水平,正确地估计你的水平是否可以满足这些要求。我会拒绝自己感到不能胜任的工作。质量是相对的,有时客户会主动说:“没关系,我们要的是for-information-only translation。”

二、价格:收取令你自己满意的价格。这个问题比较有争议性,前车之鉴,我就不多谈了。:-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is fairly acceptable rate, and what is acceptable quality? 质量与价格问题

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »