Are you strong and brave or idiot enough to do so?
Thread poster: LinguaText (X)
LinguaText (X)
LinguaText (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 20, 2003

I plan to publish some of my test translations in job posting for comments in the near future?

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:43
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I am sure you can get help here. Aug 20, 2003

TextLingua wrote:

I plan to publish some of my test translations in job posting for comments in the near future?

TextLingua,

I read your message. This is what I understood. You did a sample translation required in the bidding proposal to a translation job. For the purpose of improving the translation quality of this sample translation, you would like to post it in the Chinese Forum soon for the peers to comment on it. Did I understand you correctly?

I think you can certainly find help here. But, be careful, if you are rewarded with this job contract, and have produced your translation, it is wise that you should pair up with a paid translator to do your proofreading work.

Kevin

[Edited at 2003-08-20 19:58]

LinguaText (X)
LinguaText (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Kevin! Aug 20, 2003

You're right.
I understand it is difficult to establish as a successful freelancer. Maybe I'm learning it in harder way.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are you strong and brave or idiot enough to do so?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »