(请问):大家用盗版软件吗?
Thread poster: Xiang Ding
Xiang Ding
Xiang Ding
Local time: 16:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 28, 2003

我看了大家的简历,大家都在用Indesign,Framemaker,QuarkXpress,Trados,等软件,那么大家软件都是正版吗?
谢谢!

janexie
janexie  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:45
German to Chinese
+ ...
请问你到底想说什么? Sep 28, 2003

既然用中文来问”大家“,”大家“也就是能看得懂中文的”一群人“。
如果你有意使用”正版“/”盗版“软件,请仔细考量自己的需要,而不是迎合其他人的意见!
请问你为什么不用英文问问”其他人“的看法?

[Edited at 2003-09-28 20:23]

[Edited at 2003-09-28 20:24]

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:45
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Let's not make any presumptions. Sep 28, 2003

Thomas ding wrote:

我看了大家的简历,大家都在用Indesign,Framemaker,QuarkXpress,Trados,等软件,那么大家软件都是正版吗?
谢谢!

Dear Thomas Ding and Janexie,

Thank you for your new messages posted in the Chinese Forum! I always love to see new people joining in the discussions in the Chinese Forum. This is definitely a stage where translators can learn from each other, and become better with the ways they think and do things.

I think Thomas Ding raised a good question here about using pirate copies of software programs. I think it is unlikely Thomas will get a straight answer to it, because of the way this question was phrased sounds like those who claimed to have the software programs in their profiles might not necessarily own them. I think no one should make such assumption unless you have the solid evidence to prove they do not own them. Such a presumption can be considered offensive by those who actually own what they claimed.

Personally, I am definitely against the use of pirate copies of software programs. If I like certain software program, and it does help me to make money, then I want to buy it and pay for the upgrades, so the company can have the financial support to develop better versions in future.

I did waste lots of money to buy some software programs that are expensive and hard to use and not in demand. So I suggest those who are thinking to buy certain software program should download a trial version and use it within the trial period permitted before actually buying it.

Kevin

[Edited at 2003-09-29 07:01]

LinguaText (X)
LinguaText (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Such a problem Sep 30, 2003

Kevin Yang wrote:
I did waste lots of money to buy some software programs that are expensive and hard to use and not in demand. So I suggest those who are thinking to buy certain software program should download a trial version and use it within the trial period permitted before actually buying it.

Kevin

[Edited at 2003-09-29 07:01]

[Edited at 2003-10-01 00:34]

[Edited at 2003-10-01 10:52]

[Edited at 2003-10-01 10:57]

William Li
William Li
China
Local time: 16:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 28, 2005

[Edited at 2005-05-28 22:12]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(请问):大家用盗版软件吗?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »