Thread poster: Han Li
Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:49
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 1, 2009

这是一个很久都没有解决的问题了,我在大概半个多月前问过一个问题,Proz老催促我选择标准答案,可我真的是打不开页面,找以前常用的代理也上不了,可能用的人太多了。
不知道Proz的管理层是打算怎么解决这个问题的?有什么具体的方案没有?或者已经尝试过什么解决途径?也不出面解释一下。中国国内的用户难道对Proz来说是可有可无的吗?

[Edited at 2009-11-01 14:54 GMT]

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
如果你急的话可以用付费vpn Nov 1, 2009

淘宝上有卖的,一般是1个月30元或稍少些,平均1天1元。

用付费产品时当然要小心一点注意安全,需要注意倒不是因为他们的产品安全性不高,所以可能会被第三方攻破,而是不清楚这些卖家自己都是些什么人,尽量不要用vpn访问银行或其它涉及个人隐私的系统。

这一行比较灰色,出了问题也不知如何解决,所以自己要小心点。

对免费软件的屏蔽有时也不知什么时候就会松了,或什么时候又出了一款新的免费软件。不过基本规律是,如果一款免费产品用的人多的,很容易一段时间后就被和谐了。如果时间多,可以自己一轮轮试试。要是不想花那时间,付费产品也是一个可以考虑的选择。

[Edited at 2009-11-02 00:04 GMT]

CHEN-Ling
CHEN-Ling  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
support ticket Nov 2, 2009

Han Li wrote:
这是一个很久都没有解决的问题了,我在大概半个多月前问过一个问题,Proz老催促我选择标准答案,可我真的是打不开页面,找以前常用的代理也上不了,可能用的人太多了。
不知道Proz的管理层是打算怎么解决这个问题的?有什么具体的方案没有?或者已经尝试过什么解决途径?也不出面解释一下。中国国内的用户难道对Proz来说是可有可无的吗?

[Edited at 2009-11-01 14:54 GMT]

先问一些问题,然后提交support ticket,让管理层帮你打分,他们好像有时间;)

kenny2006woo (X)
kenny2006woo (X)

English to Chinese
请问大家的互助翻译页面能打开吗? Nov 2, 2009

如题,我这儿老打不开。

Han Li
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
从投资的角度看…… Nov 2, 2009

lbone wrote:

淘宝上有卖的,一般是1个月30元或稍少些,平均1天1元。

用付费产品时当然要小心一点注意安全,需要注意倒不是因为他们的产品安全性不高,所以可能会被第三方攻破,而是不清楚这些卖家自己都是些什么人,尽量不要用vpn访问银行或其它涉及个人隐私的系统。

这一行比较灰色,出了问题也不知如何解决,所以自己要小心点。

对免费软件的屏蔽有时也不知什么时候就会松了,或什么时候又出了一款新的免费软件。不过基本规律是,如果一款免费产品用的人多的,很容易一段时间后就被和谐了。如果时间多,可以自己一轮轮试试。要是不想花那时间,付费产品也是一个可以考虑的选择。

[Edited at 2009-11-02 00:04 GMT]

首先感谢你提供的解决方案。但是从投资的角度看,我觉得买了不划算,我的原则是如果投入1元钱最少得够本,买个vpn又不能带来效益,而且如果只是要打开Kudoz页面似乎没有必要吧。:-)

Han Li
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
过程似乎比较麻烦啊 Nov 2, 2009

Mincho Young wrote:

感谢你的提议!
现在的问题是我想全面地看一下答案,邮件中每次通知的内容比较零碎,没法系统的掌握。
况且,我觉得Kudoz管理层怎么不想办法解决呢?

Adsion Liu
Adsion Liu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:49
English to Chinese
+ ...
Just an idea Nov 2, 2009

Han Li wrote:

Mincho Young wrote:

感谢你的提议!
现在的问题是我想全面地看一下答案,邮件中每次通知的内容比较零碎,没法系统的掌握。
况且,我觉得Kudoz管理层怎么不想办法解决呢?

其實這個問題应该存在很久了。我9月份回国时也发现了这个现象。
如果我们想引起PROZ(最高)管理层的注意从而有解决的可能性,可以考虑将这样的问题用英语讨论。因为说了算的管理层应该很少有懂中文的。

Just an idea.

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Here comes the explanation from Proz. Nov 2, 2009

I have notified Proz staff of Han Li's post yesterday. here is the official explanation:

The access to some parts of the site, mainly KudoZ, has been blocked by the government of China.

The difficulties experienced are not related to server or site maintenance.

Our system manager is looking into the situation, and is trying to resolve this issue

I don't think any one will have problem with understanding the above message, so I will not translate it into Chinese, making it more authoritative:).

[Edited at 2009-11-02 19:44 GMT]

Han Li
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks…… Nov 3, 2009

Donglai Lou wrote:

I have notified Proz staff of Han Li's post yesterday. here is the official explanation:

The access to some parts of the site, mainly KudoZ, has been blocked by the government of China.

The difficulties experienced are not related to server or site maintenance.

Our system manager is looking into the situation, and is trying to resolve this issue

Thanks, Donglai!
I hope go hear the other good news in the near future.

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
KUDOZ Nov 3, 2009

唯一方法,kudoz中英和英中版块的服务器或服务器替代品的技术手法放在中国境内,只把一个网站的部分版块放在中国境内托管,这个方法异想天开吗?

[Edited at 2009-11-03 12:48 GMT]

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:49
Chinese to English
+ ...
I think it's a good idea Nov 3, 2009

redred wrote:

唯一方法,kudoz中英和英中版块的服务器或服务器替代品的技术手法放在中国境内,只把一个网站的部分版块放在中国境内托管,这个方法异想天开吗?

redred,

No, it's not a bad idea. But ProZ might need to hire and train someone in Mainland China, and have some recurring costs.

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:49
Chinese to English
+ ...
Perhaps Nov 3, 2009

something like this ... partially mirror the system image behind the firewall ...

http://seantoh.tnlsolutions.my/project/File%20System%20Mirroring%20Over%20NFS.pdf

But domestically it could also be blocked if someone is dead set on doing so. So restricted access might also need to be implemented, like lbone suggested in th
... See more
something like this ... partially mirror the system image behind the firewall ...

http://seantoh.tnlsolutions.my/project/File%20System%20Mirroring%20Over%20NFS.pdf

But domestically it could also be blocked if someone is dead set on doing so. So restricted access might also need to be implemented, like lbone suggested in the past. A combination of the two might work ... I dunno ...

[Edited at 2009-11-03 16:00 GMT]
Collapse

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Simply mirroring KudoZ to anywhere within or out of ProZ.com will do Nov 3, 2009

Simply mirroring KudoZ to any other subfolder within ProZ.com, such as http://www.proz.com/abc, or any separate site, such as http://www.anysite.com, will solve this problem.

About last December, I tried to obtain a page from KudoZ and set it under another site. It was not blocked. So nothing is wrong with general Ku
... See more
Simply mirroring KudoZ to any other subfolder within ProZ.com, such as http://www.proz.com/abc, or any separate site, such as http://www.anysite.com, will solve this problem.

About last December, I tried to obtain a page from KudoZ and set it under another site. It was not blocked. So nothing is wrong with general KudoZ pages. The only problem is the folder kudoz, nothing else, is blocked.

Member access can be further protected by HTTPS or member-only privilege from potential unwanted detection or blockage.

[Edited at 2009-11-03 13:59 GMT]
Collapse

Han Li
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's a good idea! Nov 4, 2009

lbone wrote:

About last December, I tried to obtain a page from KudoZ and set it under another site. It was not blocked. So nothing is wrong with general KudoZ pages. The only problem is the folder kudoz, nothing else, is blocked.

Member access can be further protected by HTTPS or member-only privilege from potential unwanted detection or blockage.

[Edited at 2009-11-03 13:59 GMT]

I think that's easy for a website administrator. Why they not take it earlier?

James_xia
James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
一直未打开过 Nov 10, 2009

kenny2006woo wrote:

如题,我这儿老打不开。

你还能进入,在我印象里,几乎未正常使用过,呵!你可以试一下朋友建议的翻墙软件。连上次的全球翻译虚拟大会,注册后,试运行时都行,最后在9月29开始就进不去了。一阵无语。。:(

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz提问后答案的选择--中国内地仍然打不开页面

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »