Rate for interpretation?
Thread poster: Binbin Xu

Binbin Xu  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:53
Member (2004)
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 26, 2004

One of my translation clients approached me for an interpretation assignment. As I rarely take interpretation jobs before, I'm not quite sure about the prevailing rate. Is there someone who can tell me what is the hourly and daily rate for consecutive interpretation?

Direct link Reply with quote

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:23
English to Tamil
+ ...
You can base your rates as follows May 26, 2004

How much money can you generate in one hour doing translation at home, sitting at your computer? This can be a basis for your hourly rate. Add something for your taking the trouble to stir out of home.

Then stipulate that the outsourcer has to provide you car lift and car drop or reimburse you the to and fro taxi fare.

He should also provide you with coffee, tea or lunch as applicable during your stay with him.

So it is advisable to quote hourly rate, transportation and boarding charges as described above. Anything less than that is not in your interest.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

[Edited at 2004-05-26 05:40]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate for interpretation?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums