Rate for interpretation?
Thread poster: Binbin Xu
Binbin Xu
Binbin Xu  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 26, 2004

One of my translation clients approached me for an interpretation assignment. As I rarely take interpretation jobs before, I'm not quite sure about the prevailing rate. Is there someone who can tell me what is the hourly and daily rate for consecutive interpretation?

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:56
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
You can base your rates as follows May 26, 2004

How much money can you generate in one hour doing translation at home, sitting at your computer? This can be a basis for your hourly rate. Add something for your taking the trouble to stir out of home.

Then stipulate that the outsourcer has to provide you car lift and car drop or reimburse you the to and fro taxi fare.

He should also provide you with coffee, tea or lunch as applicable during your stay with him.

So it is advisable to quote hourly rate, tr
... See more
How much money can you generate in one hour doing translation at home, sitting at your computer? This can be a basis for your hourly rate. Add something for your taking the trouble to stir out of home.

Then stipulate that the outsourcer has to provide you car lift and car drop or reimburse you the to and fro taxi fare.

He should also provide you with coffee, tea or lunch as applicable during your stay with him.

So it is advisable to quote hourly rate, transportation and boarding charges as described above. Anything less than that is not in your interest.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

[Edited at 2004-05-26 05:40]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate for interpretation?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »