电子邮件是否发生了问题?
Thread poster: Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:10
Chinese to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2004

大家好,

请问大家从此网站所寄出去的电子邮件都收到吗?本站主人刚刚决定要把我开除,很显然,任何有礼貌的人都会发电子邮件通知我,因为他已经确保我无法看限级论坛区,因此我只能推理,应该是电子邮件系统发生问题。没有任理性人会这样对待为他贡献了多年心血的人,对不对?

Ozethai
Ozethai  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:10
Thai to English
+ ...
您的邮件我都有收到呀! Aug 19, 2004

您的邮件我都有收到呀!

到底是什么回事? 是否一场误会呢?

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
China
Local time: 06:10
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
有些邮件可以收到,有些是收不到! Aug 20, 2004

他如果真没有给您信,说明他的理由,那一定是他的错。

您完全可以质问他做出此决定的理由。

不过我发现,邮件系统有时会有问题,我有时会收不到信。

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:10
English to Chinese
+ ...
你说的电子邮件... Aug 20, 2004

...是指通过proz.com的member profile给会员发的邮件,还是指 webmail上你自己的邮箱(我说的是[email protected]这个邮箱)?还是别的情况?也许你该写信给henry或是technical support。

Terry L. Thatcher, Ph.D. wrote:

大家好,

请问大家从此网站所寄出去的电子邮件都收到吗?本站主人刚刚决定要把我开除,很显然,任何有礼貌的人都会发电子邮件通知我,因为他已经确保我无法看限级论坛区,因此我只能推理,应该是电子邮件系统发生问题。没有任理性人会这样对待为他贡献了多年心血的人,对不对?

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
应该不是误会,主人下了他的决定! Aug 20, 2004

你好,

谢谢你的回信。

绝对不算误会,本网站的主人以为我没有资格在这里当志愿者,因此我就被他开除。网站本来就是他私人小王国,因此他要怎么做就可以怎么做,但是我本人认为,他所采取的方式好像可以说不是最有礼貌的或最反央他自己认为大家都应该有的礼貌心,但是王是王,不是吗?坦白地讲,有点文革的精神...

说不定你自己现在就可以拿到这分工作,赶快去申请吧!但是也许有点难做得到,你将要发誓向主人网站和营业理念的不动摇忠心。若你喜欢讨论或提出建议,大概那个角色不太适合你做!

[Edited at 2004-08-20 13:48]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Explanation of Terry's removal as moderator Aug 20, 2004

I apologize for using English in the Chinese forum...

There is no problem with anyone's email. For those who may wonder what has led to Terry's removal as moderator, I'll explain. I am disappointed that Terry has chosen to misrepresent the facts.

To be clear, I removed Terry's moderator rights because she refused to respond affirmatively to three questions I asked her. I asked:

(1) Do you understand that moderators are not presumed to be linguistically supe
... See more
I apologize for using English in the Chinese forum...

There is no problem with anyone's email. For those who may wonder what has led to Terry's removal as moderator, I'll explain. I am disappointed that Terry has chosen to misrepresent the facts.

To be clear, I removed Terry's moderator rights because she refused to respond affirmatively to three questions I asked her. I asked:

(1) Do you understand that moderators are not presumed to be linguistically superior to non-moderator members?

(2) Do you agree that all members should be treated with respect...

(3) Do you understand that moderators can not create their own policies?

The ProZ.com community is founded on principles that include mutual respect, openness, and rule-based moderation. I found it necessary to reiterate these principles by asking Terry these questions. Had she answered yes, she would still be a moderator (and I would seek to hold her to her responses.) But she refused.

Terry mentioned that her access is limited. Since she is no longer a moderator, she no longer has access to the moderator forum or functions - this is the only limitation. Terry does retain full rights as a non-moderator member. She will be expected to follow the rules, just like all other members, moderator or not.

Terry, it is not right for you to insinuate that moderators do not have minds of their own. Moderators are not asked to be loyal or fawning. But they are expected to be truthful and to follow the rules of the site. I am very proud of our moderating team.

It is also not right for you to pretend that you were not notified in advance of the termination of your moderatorship. Not only were you amply informed, I gave you the oportunity to have the last word in the moderator forum. Shall we make that discussion public so that people may judge for themselves on the reasons for your removal, and whether or not you were notified?

Terry, you have made contributions here and are welcome to continue to use the site. I hope you will do so in a cooperative manner, and will leave this incident behind.
Collapse

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:10
English to Chinese
+ ...
Calm down! Aug 20, 2004

Terry,

No matter what happened, I don't think it is appropriate for you to use this forum for disclosing the dispute between you and the host of the website. It is even more inappropriate for you to launch a personal attack here on the host, which may constitute a violation of Kudoz rules. I suggest you discuss with the host in private if you really want to solve the problems in an appropriate way. In fact, it is not a big deal to be removed from the position of moderator. Good
... See more
Terry,

No matter what happened, I don't think it is appropriate for you to use this forum for disclosing the dispute between you and the host of the website. It is even more inappropriate for you to launch a personal attack here on the host, which may constitute a violation of Kudoz rules. I suggest you discuss with the host in private if you really want to solve the problems in an appropriate way. In fact, it is not a big deal to be removed from the position of moderator. Good luck!

[Edited at 2004-08-20 20:27]
Collapse

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
本来只要把主人往好楚想阿 Aug 20, 2004

我本来比较容易相信应该是技术上发生了问题,因为我真得无法想象任何人会这样不发任何通知就把志愿者的权利消除掉。若我受到了一封电子邮件,我就不会有任何疑问,也不会在这里发问题。比方说,若有人把一个
KudoZ的问题取消的话,一律都会发个电子邮件发给提出问题的人,以便正式解释说明。那当然是为了尊重那个人,而据我所了解,就是本网站的政策。因此,我当然会相信,在本网站服务了五年的我,也会享有同样的礼貌,一定会收到一封电子邮件或书面的通知。没受到通知时,我就理所当然要假定应该有技术上的问题阿!

真的很简单。我无法在志愿者的论坛上问,因此就请教了在这儿各位。我本来要找出把主人往好楚想,但是好像他就是不想要给我这种基本礼貌和尊敬。没问题,我只想了解清楚阿!

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:10
English to Chinese
+ ...
Why don't you respond to Henry's argument? Aug 20, 2004

Since Henry has already told us the reasons for firing you, why don't you respond directly to his argument so that we can hear the story from your side? By the way, I suggest you write in your native language because, as a native Chinese speaker, I don't feel very comfortable to read your Chinese. I believe everyone on this forum will be able to read English very well. Thank you!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Closing this thread Aug 21, 2004

Hello Terry,

My last post on the moderator board was posted before your moderatorship was turned off, so I believe you should have received it. (Maybe you are not subscribed, I have not checked.) In any case, if you did not receive my latest post, I apologize. I believe you were fully aware of the situation and what I was asking of you, but even so, you do deserve final notice and I would not be so rude as to not provide it. I am closing this thread, I will contact you directly.
... See more
Hello Terry,

My last post on the moderator board was posted before your moderatorship was turned off, so I believe you should have received it. (Maybe you are not subscribed, I have not checked.) In any case, if you did not receive my latest post, I apologize. I believe you were fully aware of the situation and what I was asking of you, but even so, you do deserve final notice and I would not be so rude as to not provide it. I am closing this thread, I will contact you directly.

Henry
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

电子邮件是否发生了问题?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »