help how to translate this sentense(gear related)
Thread poster: Jason Tsing
Jason Tsing
Jason Tsing  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:00
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 20, 2004

required braking torque related to the low speed shaft of the gear unit

Help!!!! I am waiting online!

Thanks!

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:00
English to Chinese
+ ...
齿轮传动装置低速轴所需的制动力矩. Sep 20, 2004

You should post the question in Kudoz questions so that you can get more and much faster responses. Here is my suggested translation: 齿轮传动装置低速轴所需的制动力矩.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-09-20 18:10]

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:00
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Asking KudoZ questions and grading the answers Sep 20, 2004

Hi, linkjoy

Yueyin is correct. If you need help with a translation, please use our KudoZ services. Remember, one of the KudoZ rules is that the question should not be longer than ten words. If your sentence is longer than that, you always can break it into multiple parts and post each part as one KudoZ question.

I also like to take this opportunity to bring to your attention a situation I have observed for a while. Some frequent, volume KudoZ question askers in our sect
... See more
Hi, linkjoy

Yueyin is correct. If you need help with a translation, please use our KudoZ services. Remember, one of the KudoZ rules is that the question should not be longer than ten words. If your sentence is longer than that, you always can break it into multiple parts and post each part as one KudoZ question.

I also like to take this opportunity to bring to your attention a situation I have observed for a while. Some frequent, volume KudoZ question askers in our sector tend to "forget" the last procedure of the KudoZ question, that is, to grade the answers offered by our generous and enthusiastic peers. Those KudoZ questions were left to the ROBOT to grade mechanically based on the rule of three peers "Agree" comments (if there are less than three peers’ comments in each of the answers offered, then none of the answers will be graded by the ROBOT.) I had to write to two of the frequent KudoZ askers and inform them this KudoZ rule. I have not received any reply from them. That's OK, but I hope they got my point and will take this seriously.

I think it is a very important procedure to grade the KudoZ answers, because this procedure also gives an opportunity to the asker to express his or her appreciation about the effort made by our peers. It is not professional at all for the askers to reap the answers without grading them, which in my opinion is a “Hit-and-run” behavior.

Kevin

[Edited at 2004-09-21 07:44]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help how to translate this sentense(gear related)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »