PayPal is a pain, iKard a gain!
Thread poster: Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Local time: 18:06
Chinese to English
+ ...
Feb 27, 2005

I thought I could use my HK account debit card to receive funds from my PayPal account. But I cannot go through the Verifcation process when trying to add the debit card to my account. They require that you should have a set of numbers on the back of the card. My card does not have such thing. I was wondering if other debit cards have this kind of stuff. Anyone has an idea?

But I have good news for you. A US client of mine sent me a
... See more
I thought I could use my HK account debit card to receive funds from my PayPal account. But I cannot go through the Verifcation process when trying to add the debit card to my account. They require that you should have a set of numbers on the back of the card. My card does not have such thing. I was wondering if other debit cards have this kind of stuff. Anyone has an idea?

But I have good news for you. A US client of mine sent me a payment via www.ikobo.com. A week or so later I received an iKard delivered by DHL International Express from iKobo. I took this card to a local Visa Plus ATM, and the money in RMB was already sitting there. In Hong Kong, there's HKD in it. This card could also be used to swipe through those POS' without any charge of transaction fee! So I strongly suggest you should try this new payment method. It enables you to cash the money within seconds!
Collapse

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
English to Chinese
+ ...
iKobo charges heavily. Be careful! Feb 27, 2005

The pricing for merchants is as follows:

2.99% + .29 for each purchase a buyer makes.

One unique feature of the iKobo Merchant Program is that we give the merchant the ability to share a portion or all of their fees with the buyer. For more information on this feature please see our Terms and Conditions.

Fees for Visa Electron i-Kard (to withdraw funds from your account):

Transaction Description Fee (USD)

Month
... See more

One unique feature of the iKobo Merchant Program is that we give the merchant the ability to share a portion or all of their fees with the buyer. For more information on this feature please see our Terms and Conditions.

Monthly Maintenance Fee $0.99
ATM Withdrawal $1.99
ATM Balance Inquiry Free
Declined ATM Withdrawal $0.99
Point of Sale Purchase Free
Declined Point of Sale Purchase $0.99

Mark
Collapse

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround updates! Feb 27, 2005

Last Hermit wrote:
PayPal is a pain

The trick: close my account registered as a Chinese, and resign up as a Hong Kong guy! Click the "Proile", and "Bank Accounts". And Voila! Add your HK accounts!

[Edited at 2005-02-27 16:44]

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well, no such a free lunch. Mar 1, 2005

You can try the Personal Account for a start.

A PayPal Premier/Business Account also costs you an arm and a leg. 3.4% above! Still higher than Ikobo's Merchant Account charges.

Last night I wanted to change my surname back to the front. I logged in iKobo's Live Chat Help, talked to a guy called Bob. He then made some suggestions. I tried as instructed yet to no avail. And I logged in again to talk to a person called Penny, who suggested me writing an email to a departm
... See more
You can try the Personal Account for a start.

A PayPal Premier/Business Account also costs you an arm and a leg. 3.4% above! Still higher than Ikobo's Merchant Account charges.

Last night I wanted to change my surname back to the front. I logged in iKobo's Live Chat Help, talked to a guy called Bob. He then made some suggestions. I tried as instructed yet to no avail. And I logged in again to talk to a person called Penny, who suggested me writing an email to a department. Minutes later the issue was resolved. This is really what they call Customer Care!

But MB's Customer Service is not that good. Weeks ago I sent them email after email plus 2 faxes, yet only got their response two days ago, requesting me to send them an e-copy of my Passport. Last night the issued was resolved, with my limit upgraded to 10,000 Euros.
Collapse

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PayPal charges a steep 2.5% "spread" for currency conversion. Mar 11, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

Monthly Maintenance Fee $0.99
ATM Withdrawal $1.99
ATM Balance Inquiry Free
Declined ATM Withdrawal $0.99
Point of Sale Purchase Free
Declined Point of Sale Purchase $0.99

Mark

This is MANDATORY. No way out! Unless you have a US bank account. Watch out!

[Edited at 2005-03-11 03:40]

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
iKard saves your money! Mar 24, 2005

My iKard balance in RMB is 2077.99. I bought a pair shoes today at 83. The balance should be 2077.99-83=1994.99. I checked this on the ATM and found that there is 1995.22 in it! That means 0.23CNY has been saved!

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Last Hermit , You do take care of your penny ! Mar 24, 2005

Last Hermit wrote:

My iKard balance in RMB is 2077.99. I bought a pair shoes today at 83. The balance should be 2077.99-83=1994.99. I checked this on the ATM and found that there is 1995.22 in it! That means 0.23CNY has been saved!

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Haa. I just wanted to know if it works on Mainland's POS's Mar 24, 2005

chance wrote:

Last Hermit wrote:

And if it charges anything on them.

But on second thoughts, that could be due to the down of the USD!

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
FYI Mar 24, 2005

chance wrote:

Last Hermit wrote:

At the iKobo site, my iKard balance is: $244.23 USD (2021.37 CNY)

At the beginning, it was $294.10 (2434.12 CNY).

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:06
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
请教IKARD 和Moneybookers的问题 Mar 30, 2005

最近我被这两个家伙搞的焦头烂额. Moneybookers用信用卡upload 上不去钱. 我把各种需要的个人资料都按指令传真给他们了, 结果老是Fund Cannot be uploaded, 而且不说原因, 不作解释, 真没见过这么不友好的网站.

Ikobo 更哏了, 根本找不到往帐户上续钱的键, 点击汇款键, 告诉我Fund not sufficient, 就是不说下一步怎么办. 我也不知道怎么办, 另一边有几个vender催命一样要账, 吓得我不敢用MSN Messenger, 一打开他们就在那等着呢. 我看我也快要上blueboard 黑名单了(新同事别误会blueboard没有黑名单).

哪位给我指点指点迷津, Moneybookers和Ikobo到底怎么用, 难道非电脑专家就不能用他们的服务吗? 我该怎么办? 晕菜了我.

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MB是慢郎中,iKobo最懂得与时俱进! Apr 7, 2005

jyuan_us wrote:

最近我被这两个家伙搞的焦头烂额. Moneybookers用信用卡upload 上不去钱. 我把各种需要的个人资料都按指令传真给他们了, 结果老是Fund Cannot be uploaded, 而且不说原因, 不作解释, 真没见过这么不友好的网站.

Ikobo 更哏了, 根本找不到往帐户上续钱的键, 点击汇款键, 告诉我Fund not sufficient, 就是不说下一步怎么办. 我也不知道怎么办, 另一边有几个vender催命一样要账, 吓得我不敢用MSN Messenger, 一打开他们就在那等着呢. 我看我也快要上blueboard 黑名单了(新同事别误会blueboard没有黑名单).

把您的问题直接传真给MB。至于iKobo,用Help里面的Chat跟他们上网聊。问题应该很快能解决。但是,我那客户当初也确实遇到和您一样的问题,打电话跟他们说了半个小时,最后对方告诉他注销原有帐号,重新申请一个新的。问题就解决了。您人在美国,直接打电话给他们得了。

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
可以暂时阻止他们看到您 Apr 7, 2005

jyuan_us wrote:

方法是,右键单击某人的名字,再点“阻止”。这样他们就看不到您,而您照样可以用MSN Messenger。
  要把他们从阻止名单里剔除,重新单击右键,再选“取消阻止”即可。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal is a pain, iKard a gain!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »