Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:17
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 23, 2005

Dear Fellow Chinese translators,

ProZ.com has a new feature! That is the "Availability" button in your Profile. You can click on the gray dot, and select the green button if you are available for new jobs, or select the red button if you are not available for new jobs. I just did a quick check on some of your profiles and noticed many of your availability buttons are still in gray.That means you have not yet activated this feature. Please activate it now, and turn on your green li
... See more

ProZ.com has a new feature! That is the "Availability" button in your Profile. You can click on the gray dot, and select the green button if you are available for new jobs, or select the red button if you are not available for new jobs. I just did a quick check on some of your profiles and noticed many of your availability buttons are still in gray.That means you have not yet activated this feature. Please activate it now, and turn on your green light for new jobs!

Kevin
Collapse

Edward Wang
Edward Wang
Local time: 06:17
English to Chinese
+ ...
where is it located? Mar 23, 2005

Kevin Yang wrote:

ProZ.com has a new feature! That is the "Availability" button in your Profile. You can click on the gray dot, and select the green button if you are available for new jobs, or select the red button if you are not available for new jobs.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I wonder whether no one but the platinum member can do it because I can't see it in my profie.

Best regards,
Joe

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I saw the "Avilability" in your Profile. Mar 23, 2005

Hi, Joe,

I just checked your Profile at ProZ.com. I saw the "Availability" located at the 5th line from the very top. Right now your "light" next to it is in gray. Please click on the gray dot one time, there will be a small popup window, which gives you two options: Available in green and not available in red. Make your choice and close the popup window. Then you are done.

Kevin

shlconsultan (X)
shlconsultan (X)  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
English to Chinese
+ ...
Still cannot locate button Mar 24, 2005

I went to My Profile page and cannot locate the button you are talking about.

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Do you mean...? Mar 24, 2005

Kevin Yang wrote:

ProZ.com has a new feature! That is the "Availability" button in your Profile. You can click on the gray dot, and select the green button if you are available for new jobs, or select the red button if you are not available for new jobs. I just did a quick check on some of your profiles and noticed many of your availability buttons are still in gray.That means you have not yet activated this feature. Please activate it now, and turn on your green light for new jobs!

Kevin

Hi Kevin, do you mean the button marked with an P? This button is for messaging. People do send me messages through this button many times while I am not online. It is 僅供參考, because some people might, just like me, forget to turn it red and make the impression that they are always online.

Actually, it doesn't matter at all, because the partners know how to figure out when you are available. Good customers would check up with you when you are available and schedule job assignments according to your availability. That is the right way to go.

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can you all find it? Mar 24, 2005

Hi, shlconsultants,

You are the second person telling me that you cannot find the "Availability" button/dot/circle/light. I am wondering what happened. Would it be possibly because certain web browsers we are using? I am using MSN and Mozilla. I can see this feature from both browsers.

Let me ask you this way, do you see a gray horizontal separation line that separates your contact info and the profile info on top of your Profile page? If you do, you should see the word
... See more
Hi, shlconsultants,

You are the second person telling me that you cannot find the "Availability" button/dot/circle/light. I am wondering what happened. Would it be possibly because certain web browsers we are using? I am using MSN and Mozilla. I can see this feature from both browsers.

Let me ask you this way, do you see a gray horizontal separation line that separates your contact info and the profile info on top of your Profile page? If you do, you should see the word "Availability" is located above this separation line. Next to the word "Availability" on the right, there is a gray round circle, click on it. There will be a popup window. Make the selection in the popup window.

Can those who activated this feature also let me know? So I can know if this is a problem to all of you.

Thanks!

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-03-24 02:28]
Collapse

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is NOT the button marked with P. Mar 24, 2005

Hi, Wenjer,

No, it is NOT the button marked with P. The word "Availability" and the gray color circle is underneath those instasnt messaging icons.

This is interesting! I must be the only person can see it. I will have to report this to the engineers of ProZ.com and find an answer for it.

Kevin

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
The word "Availability"? Mar 24, 2005

Kevin Yang wrote:

Let me ask you this way, do you see a gray horizontal separation line that separates your contact info and the profile info on top of your Profile page? If you do, you should see the word "Availability" is located above this separation line. Next to the word "Availability" on the right, there is a gray round circle, click on it. There will be a popup window. Make the selection in the popup window.

Nope, there is a gray horizontal separation line separating contact info and the profile info, but there is'nt the word "Availability."

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
There's no such a thing. You can see it probably because you're such a 特权阶级^)^? Mar 24, 2005

Kevin Yang wrote:
Hi, Wenjer,

No, it is NOT the button marked with P. The word "Availability" and the gray color circle is underneath those instasnt messaging icons.

This is interesting! I must be the only person can see it. I will have to report this to the engineers of ProZ.com and find an answer for it.
Kevin

shlconsultan (X)
shlconsultan (X)  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
English to Chinese
+ ...
Turn on Green Light Mar 24, 2005

No, I think I get a green line, not a grey line, and like others, there is no button as described by you. I am viewing this website with Firefox on a PC. The same goes for Firefox/Mac and IE on PC - nothing but that green line.

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
"Availability" but no gray round circle Mar 24, 2005

I did see the word "Availability", but there is no gray circle following it. However, I was able to point my cursor to the space there and clicked on nothing. Then a popup window appeared at the left top screen and I made the selection there. Now I have a green light!

Zhoudan

Kevin Yang wrote:

Next to the word "Availability" on the right, there is a gray round circle, click on it. There will be a popup window. Make the selection in the popup window.

Thanks!

Kevin

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
It works now. Thanks. Mar 24, 2005

Appreciate your efforts.

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Please leave your green light on. Mar 24, 2005

Last Hermit and Zoudan,

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you both turned your green lights on. I learned from Henry yesterday that this feature was under testing and I let out the news before it opened to the public. But, he scheduled to unveil it to the public today anyway, so this is why you can see it now.

Next thing everyone should do is to work on improving your Profile in ProZ.com. I have been doing a survey among my new customers. I asked them how they fou
... See more
Last Hermit and Zoudan,

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you both turned your green lights on. I learned from Henry yesterday that this feature was under testing and I let out the news before it opened to the public. But, he scheduled to unveil it to the public today anyway, so this is why you can see it now.

Next thing everyone should do is to work on improving your Profile in ProZ.com. I have been doing a survey among my new customers. I asked them how they found me. Guess what? I noticed an increase of answers of using web search. My profile at ProZ.com always the website they first saw because it has a higher ranking in their web search (I strategically used certain rules and words in the profile). A local doctor found me yesterday by doing web search. He was so grateful for being able find me. I got his job done exactly the way he expected. He doubled his payment voluntarily just for thanking me for the great service. He made my day. It is always a good feeling when you are told your service is desirable.

I will be happy to share with you my knowledge on web ranking improvement. I also like to hear your �tricks� if you would like to share with us.

Kevin
Collapse

Edward Wang
Edward Wang
English to Chinese
+ ...
I find it! Mar 25, 2005

Hi everybody,

I can see it in the home page when I sign in. And now the availability is turned from gray to green. Thx to kelvin. Good luck to everybody.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please Turn on your Green Light!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »