Mark Xiang
Local time: 03:50
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 15, 2005

有一篇文章是这么说的:
世界华文发展趋势:简体字成主流 繁体仍有市场
http://news.china.com/zh_cn/international/1000/20050715/12485390.html

各位同仁能否介绍一下当地的情况? 不少人是简繁翻译兼做, 了解一点这方面的情况或许对翻译工作有所帮助.

MARK

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks Mark! Jul 15, 2005

这条信息很有用。

一般我这里的客户来了解是用简体还是繁体,我都解释为台湾香港繁体,大陆简体,看来可以把香港也逐步归入简体范围?

再有希望了解详情的客户,我就提供Libin的有关网页:http://www.asiana.com/faqs.html

Hi Libin,

我的客户是不是都跑你那儿去了?

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Chance Jul 15, 2005

chance wrote:

一般我这里的客户来了解是用简体还是繁体,我都解释为台湾香港繁体,大陆简体,看来可以把香港也逐步归入简体范围?

香港还是用繁体,只是简体越来越流行,简体的运用目前仅是一个趋势,还远未达到弃繁用简的地步。^_^

MARK

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
难怪 Jul 15, 2005

怪不得经常有客户说是Chance介绍他们来找我的

chance wrote:
再有希望了解详情的客户,我就提供Libin的有关网页:http://www.asiana.com/faqs.html

Hi Libin,

我的客户是不是都跑你那儿去了?

[Edited at 2005-07-15 19:12]

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Simplified Chinese in Singapore Jul 15, 2005

新加坡:识“繁”写“简”

80年代初期,新加坡教育部先后颁定小学和中学的华文文字表,从注音符号和繁体字的教育轨道,转进至简体字和汉语拼音。

与中国大陆的经贸、文化往来很重要,新加坡和台湾、香港的交流更是密切,务实的新加坡人把“识繁写简”当成中文学习的原则。星政府在简体字华文课本后面,附加简体字和繁体字对照表,帮助学生同时认识两种字体。

I've once seen a translation agency's website claimed that Singapore uses Traditional Chinese. That's so not true! All my Chinese classes in primary and secondary schools were in Simplified Chinese; the main Chinese newspapers in Singapore use Simplified Chinese too.

Recently the Singaporean government is steering her focus towards students learning their "mother tongues" (Chinese, Tamil or Malay). It is true that the younger generation is losing their "mother tongues". A lot of friends at my age do not speak or use much Chinese. If I got them to write a short essay in Chinese, they would probably ask for dictionaries. They watch Chinese TV channels and listen to Chinese radio stations, but when it comes to proper grammar and writing, they are lost. In fact, sad to say, I fall into this category too. My government sees Chinese as my mother tongue, but to me it is not. I am much more fluent and comfortable with English. Somehow I blame it on the education system. At schools, English is taken as First Language, and Chinese/Tamil/Malay are taken as Second Language. Isn't this in contrary to the government's claim that Chinese/Tamil/Malay are the people's mother tongues? I'm confused sometimes. I took both English and Chinese as First Language in secondary school, chose Chinese Literature over English Literature, played in the Chinese orchestra (I played zhong-hu for two years and percussions for another two years), but still my Chinese language skills are nowhere near my English skills.

Sorry for side-tracking. I just want to let you guys know more about the situation in Singapore.

Denyce

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How about the situation in South Asia, Europoe and North America? Jul 16, 2005

1999加拿大还是繁体多,不知现在情况如何?

南亚,欧洲,北美的朋友可否介绍一下当地的大致情况?

多谢!

MARK

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
多谢weiwei捧场 Jul 16, 2005

weiwei wrote:

Sorry for side-tracking. I just want to let you guys know more about the situation in Singapore.

Denyce

通过您的介绍, 我们对新加坡汉字运用和多元语言现状有了更为全面的了解.

^_^

MARK

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:50
English to Chinese
+ ...
变化不大.... Jul 19, 2005

很多香港人在学普通话,但仍在使用繁体字。

Mark Xiang wrote:

1999加拿大还是繁体多,不知现在情况如何?

MARK

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

简繁汉字在世界各地华人圈的流行概况

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »