Thread poster: chance (X)
Joyce Curran
Joyce Curran  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:30
English to Chinese
+ ...
婆婆妈妈,叮咛一些你回家的事! Aug 9, 2005

weiwei wrote:

and bring your boys (including Terry) along. I'll help you carry Francis and Alex when they get tired. I'm good with kids

每周末娃他爹都问我,是否给你写信,寄孩子的照片!

上次跟你说过,回去后买一些补性中药,带回德国自己试着做一些。

等你回去后,就那么十多天。陪你爸爸妈妈,会会朋友,逛逛书店,吃一些你思念了好多年的东西,那时候你会把这些需要的东西都忘到九霄云外。而且你会认为自己满健康的,不需要买了。

回去之前,就让你妈给买好,你走时方便一些。也不知新加坡有没有同仁堂,在国内应该算是很正宗的。总之,这些你想买,在德国又没法买到的,现在就开始规划。

还有,回去了,气候完全不一样,你可千万得注意了。去购物时,别光顾空调,一定得调节好自己。还有,不准老吃冰凉的东西。

代我们谢谢你朋友,一路上照顾你!

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:30
English to Chinese
+ ...
人气排名: Aug 9, 2005

最可爱、最聪明、最调皮的三位女翻译:Zhou Dan, Weiwei, Joyce。
最佳人缘奖得主:Chance
最具魅力奖得主:Lin(Gladbeach)
最具前途奖得主:Hongsang;Tingting......

注意:不用回帖。请获奖者于明年五月前往巴黎领奖。颁奖人:Chance女士:lol:

Xiaoping Fu wrote:
原来 weiwei = Denyce !我说那个最调皮、最可爱的小妹哪里去了呢!

Joyce Curran wrote:
代我们谢谢你朋友,一路上照顾你!

[Edited at 2005-08-09 20:07]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Weiwei, Aug 9, 2005

记得你说过身体不好,还以为是你不想运动找借口呢。看Joyce这些话,才相信是真。你是我们这里最年青活泼的,希望不是太严重。如果有我能帮忙的,给我发个邮件。

Joyce,
上次收到你孩子的照片后,马上给你发了我女儿的照片,你收到没?

Joyce Curran wrote:

每周末娃他爹都问我,是否给你写信,寄孩子的照片!

上次跟你说过,回去后买一些补性中药,带回德国自己试着做一些。

等你回去后,就那么十多天。陪你爸爸妈妈,会会朋友,逛逛书店,吃一些你思念了好多年的东西,那时候你会把这些需要的东西都忘到九霄云外。而且你会认为自己满健康的,不需要买了。

回去之前,就让你妈给买好,你走时方便一些。也不知新加坡有没有同仁堂,在国内应该算是很正宗的。总之,这些你想买,在德国又没法买到的,现在就开始规划。

还有,回去了,气候完全不一样,你可千万得注意了。去购物时,别光顾空调,一定得调节好自己。还有,不准老吃冰凉的东西。

代我们谢谢你朋友,一路上照顾你!

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
我女儿也不主动收桌洗碗 Aug 9, 2005

不过我不会等她20了才让她养成好习惯

Libin, Ph.D. wrote:

女儿长大了,也懂事了,回来后,吃过饭也知道自己主动把桌子收了,洗碗,擦桌子等等,感谢上天对我的厚爱

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
你女儿还正是玩的时候 Aug 9, 2005

你女儿还小,人家还正是玩的时候,你不要bother她

chance wrote:
我女儿也不主动收桌洗碗

不过我不会等她20了才让她养成好习惯

Libin, Ph.D. wrote:

女儿长大了,也懂事了,回来后,吃过饭也知道自己主动把桌子收了,洗碗,擦桌子等等,感谢上天对我的厚爱

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 03:30
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
@Joyce: Yes, madam!! ;) Aug 9, 2005

Terry is so sweet. So, I'll be expecting some pictures??? I've seen a few pictures of the boys but not really of you and Terry. How about sending one over?

I'll definitely make it to your place one day. I hope to go to London again, so then I'll drop by your place. I can babysit the boys for you so you and Terry can have a nice evening out. Hmm, how should I charge? How about a home-cooked dinner?

I hate Chinese medicine. I only eat it when my mum and dad "serve" it. W
... See more
Terry is so sweet. So, I'll be expecting some pictures??? I've seen a few pictures of the boys but not really of you and Terry. How about sending one over?

I'll definitely make it to your place one day. I hope to go to London again, so then I'll drop by your place. I can babysit the boys for you so you and Terry can have a nice evening out. Hmm, how should I charge? How about a home-cooked dinner?

I hate Chinese medicine. I only eat it when my mum and dad "serve" it. When my doctor said I need to pump up my red blood count, I was determined to make myself some "liver soup" (that's what my mum does for me back home). However I chickened out when I stepped into the butcher shop and saw those blood red livers. Yikes!

Haha, we do have 同仁堂. I'm sure my mum will drag me there when I'm home.

You're right about the weather. I'll have a hard time adjusting to the heat and humidity back home. 不准老吃冰凉的东西??? Ah, come on.... my favourite sugar cane juice....

Do you want me to bring back anything? Singapore has a lot of Chinese products, so if you are missing something I can get it for you.

Say hello to Terry for me, and kiss the kids goodnight!

Denyce
Collapse

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Nice dad! Aug 9, 2005

Libin, Ph.D. wrote:

你女儿还小,人家还正是玩的时候,你不要bother她

Nice dad! Well, my mum started to "bother" me since I was 8. I had to do the dishes, mop the floor (I should say "wipe the floor". She believes in cleaning the floor on knees using a piece of cloth), fold and iron the clothes, make my bed...

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
No sports for moi! Aug 9, 2005

chance wrote:

记得你说过身体不好,还以为是你不想运动找借口呢。看Joyce这些话,才相信是真。你是我们这里最年青活泼的,希望不是太严重。如果有我能帮忙的,给我发个邮件。

Joyce,
上次收到你孩子的照片后,马上给你发了我女儿的照片,你收到没?

Nah, even if it is not for my health I am still too lazy for sports. I am not the sporty kind; I prefer to stay at home and do stuff.

Um, "最年青"??? Me?? No way. I am 28 this year!!!! Stonejohn is younger than me. I cannot think of anyone else right now, but I am sure there are a few more out there.

I've heard so much about your daughter. Will you send me her picture too? Would be great if you're in it as well.

Joyce Curran
English to Chinese
+ ...
姐,你真调皮! Aug 9, 2005

Chinoise wrote:

最可爱、最聪明、最调皮的三位女翻译:Zhou Dan, weiWei, Joyce。
最佳人缘奖得主:Chance
最具魅力奖得主:Lin(Gladbeach)
最具前途奖得主:Hongsang;Tingting......

注意:不用回帖。请获奖者于明年五月前往巴黎领奖。颁奖人:Chance女士:lol:

Xiaoping Fu wrote:
原来 weiwei = Denyce !我说那个最调皮、最可爱的小妹哪里去了呢!

Joyce Curran wrote:
代我们谢谢你朋友,一路上照顾你!

[Edited at 2005-08-09 20:07]

你真不来看我们?那新西兰,澳洲有什么好看的,呆会儿让我Donglai师父给发些照片不就行了么?

Joyce Curran
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi, Lin! Aug 9, 2005

gladbeach wrote:

咱们的四个小子们什么时候真得聚聚,场面一定很热闹,和孙悟空的大闹天宫有得一比。

我家的两个小子年纪差的少,只有17个月的间隔,现在已经能一起玩了,老大还说不清楚话,脾气随和,长得象女孩,老二已经能说好多字了,而且声音大,脾气急,两个人争东西时,我还要当裁判。哎,带他们俩,是既辛苦,又乐趣多多。对这一点,你一定也深有体会。

我刚把他们哄睡,都因为听了Chance。哪天我急了,就给她送去,试试跟两个小子纠缠半天的感觉。以前威胁过Yueyin,就只是太远,不然......

Francis九月份满6岁,他从五月份就开始策划生日和想要的礼物。咱这儿有家叫Argos的公司,从catalogue卖各种东西,当然也包括玩具了。好家伙,上周二才拿回来的新版本,就已经翻烂了。今天又去拿来三本,从头到尾选,不知道他预定了多少。幸亏他不是掌柜,否则俺们早倾家荡产了。而且今天他已经开始讨论圣诞礼物和下下个生日。Alex比起哥哥来说好许多,会说些无关痛痒的东西,却不多。他的最爱就是火车,只要是跟那东西有关的就行。

两个打架,只要让他们在一起呆上五分钟,绝对其中之一会哭。Francis比较怕羞,小时候人家也老问是男孩还是女孩。Alex就比较男孩了,从长相到脾气。如果哥哥惹他,他也会讨还公道。

两个都知道心疼比他们小的,如果有一天真能聚在一起,咱俩会省好多心。也不知道你怎么安排他们,我可觉得就他俩,我都够累了。

Joyce Curran
English to Chinese
+ ...
等你来! Aug 9, 2005

weiwei wrote:

I hate Chinese medicine. I only eat it when my mum and dad "serve" it. When my doctor said I need to pump up my red blood count, I was determined to make myself some "liver soup" (that's what my mum does for me back home). However I chickened out when I stepped into the butcher shop and saw those blood red livers. Yikes!

Haha, we do have 同仁堂. I'm sure my mum will drag me there when I'm home.

You're right about the weather. I'll have a hard time adjusting to the heat and humidity back home. 不准老吃冰凉的东西??? Ah, come on.... my favourite sugar cane juice....

Do you want me to bring back anything? Singapore has a lot of Chinese products, so if you are missing something I can get it for you.

Say hello to Terry for me, and kiss the kids goodnight!

Denyce

任何时候你想来,让我们知道,他爹会来机场接你(我还不会开车)。

不要担心做肝汤,如果你不喜欢,不用吃它(他们老外认为那是最好的)。回去后(最好去之前)请妈妈买一些温补的,什么党参,红枣,当归之类比较一般的。带回来后,每次买只鸡,只放一点点在里面。中药味不会浓,却极好喝。你回去后,去试试有些饭吧的药材鸡,你会喜欢的。

如果去同仁堂,告诉医生,他们会帮你配好。但是做汤时每次只用他们告诉你的一半,慢慢的,会好很多。你一定听话记住了!!特别是冷的东西!!

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
自己满意,看着孩子成长也高兴 Aug 10, 2005

这回轮到Yueyin跟我开玩笑了,不过想想国内好多人家为了孩子到国外读书,大人不惜一切代价移民出国的苦心,算是幸运的了,孩子既然在这里长大,又有很好的教育机会,当然很满意。

Yueyin Sun wrote:

PS: Wharton School is one of the best business schools not only in the United States, but also in the world. BinLi有这样出色的千金,我想即使是总理的职位对他都不会有什么吸引力了!:)

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:30
English to Chinese
+ ...
不全是开玩笑 Aug 10, 2005

Libin, Ph.D. wrote:

这回轮到Yueyin跟我开玩笑了,不过想想国内好多人家为了孩子到国外读书,大人不惜一切代价移民出国的苦心,算是幸运的了,孩子既然在这里长大,又有很好的教育机会,当然很满意。

Yueyin Sun wrote:

PS: Wharton School is one of the best business schools not only in the United States, but also in the world. BinLi有这样出色的千金,我想即使是总理的职位对他都不会有什么吸引力了!:)

我也不全是开玩笑。假设你当年没有出来,我相信你女儿在国内上学也会很出色,但无论如何,受教育的机会恐怕不会有现在这么好。即使是国内的一个部长,要想靠他那点正当收入自费让孩子到美国来上第一流的大学,那也是不可能的。所以说,人各有志。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:30
English to Chinese
+ ...
望子成龙 Aug 10, 2005

以前在国内有两位同事,夫妻俩都是知识分子。他们望子成龙,对儿子从小就采取“高压政策”。儿子若考试成绩不好,就非打即骂,弄得儿子在他们面前连大气都不敢出。一次临近期末,他们见儿子还在兴高采烈地看电视,气就不打一处来,就斥责道,快考试了,还不赶紧复习复习!于是,令儿子拿出数学课本,帮他复习。复习完毕问儿子,你说,你这次能不能考及格?儿子胆战心惊地说,能及格。他们又问,那你能考多少分?儿子说,能考xx.x分。夫妻俩觉得很奇怪,怎么他居然能精确到小数点后一位数字?就问,为什么你能估计得这么准。儿子说,因为……已经考过了!

[Edited at 2005-08-10 13:50]

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:30
Chinese to English
+ ...
佩服! Aug 10, 2005

chance wrote:

当年我在广东水田每年插秧两季!

我从来没下过水田。不过我知道,插秧比割麦子还累呢!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

聚会巴黎 漫游欧洲 展望全球

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »