Mobile menu

翻译在两国首脑会晤时的重要作用
Thread poster: xxxchance
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 15, 2005

今早补听昨天没听的法广汉语新闻,法新社关于胡与布什纽约会晤的报道中强调“中方的一位翻译说......,中国翻译说......中国翻译还表达了......"令人哑然失笑,什么时候翻译在两国首脑会晤中的作用如此重要?

也许是翻译有问题,所以布什没表态

http://www.tv-radio.com/ondemand/rfi/mere/ftp/Audio/Chinois/R069/dossier14092005.ram

http://www.tv-radio.com/ondemand/rfi/mere/ftp/Audio/Chinois/R069/dossier14092005.asx


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Last Hermit
Local time: 04:43
Chinese to English
+ ...
道理很简单:翻译是鱼肉! Sep 15, 2005

人家是刀俎!

Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
我不是指这个意思,只是觉得“翻译”也能成为很好的外交辞令这一事实挺有意思的 Sep 15, 2005

Last Hermit wrote:

道理很简单:翻译是鱼肉!人家是刀俎!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
平起平坐 Sep 16, 2005

承蒙皇上恩宠,中国翻译不仅止于传话的作用,在两国首脑会晤时也占有一席之地的.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:43
Chinese to English
+ ...
Remember these guys? Sep 16, 2005

... 冀朝柱 and 唐闻生

http://www.people.com.cn/GB/shizheng/18/21/20011206/620324.html

http://www.tangben.com/JINDUPING/2001/fbi.htm

http://news.xinhuanet.com/newscenter/2002-04/15/content_359200.htm

专程从北京来沪参加纪念会的还有外交部副部长李肇星、中美友协会长朱启桢、中国前驻美大使李道豫、联合国前副秘书长冀朝柱、中国侨联副主席唐闻生和中国友协副会长李小林等。

***************************************************************

As could be seen, these two went on to bigger things.

Besides talent, IMHO it's mostly a matter of ones destiny.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
As a translator Sep 17, 2005

I think the reason to quote "The translator said,..." is to clarify the content may not be as exact as what was originally intended. I read an article in 《中国翻译》that once a Chinese translator misused one word in a news conference and enraged the Pakistan government.

Another example is the military plane collision incident between a Chinese fighter and a US spy plane. The US government later in a letter used "very sorry" or "sorry" many times when referring to this unfortunate happening, but no apologies.

However, the next day, lanes and alleys in China filled with people chanting with news that "USA government have apologized!" So?

I think this is simply a diplomatic trick to fool people. But it saves face.

[Edited at 2005-09-17 07:58]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I do remember them Sep 17, 2005

Thanks for the links, wherestip

欧洲也有这样的资深翻译,为欧洲的和平和建设起了重要作用。

不过这次好像如建军所说,留有挽回面子的余地

我也留意了一下VOA和BBC,没有使用“翻译说”这样的辞令。

wherestip wrote:

... 冀朝柱 and 唐闻生

http://www.people.com.cn/GB/shizheng/18/21/20011206/620324.html

http://www.tangben.com/JINDUPING/2001/fbi.htm

http://news.xinhuanet.com/newscenter/2002-04/15/content_359200.htm

专程从北京来沪参加纪念会的还有外交部副部长李肇星、中美友协会长朱启桢、中国前驻美大使李道豫、联合国前副秘书长冀朝柱、中国侨联副主席唐闻生和中国友协副会长李小林等。

***************************************************************

As could be seen, these two went on to bigger things.

Besides talent, IMHO it's mostly a matter of ones destiny.


[Edited at 2005-09-17 10:26]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:43
Chinese to English
+ ...
Rambling Sep 17, 2005

chance wrote:

欧洲也有这样的资深翻译,为欧洲的和平和建设起了重要作用。

不过这次好像如建军所说,留有挽回面子的余地



Chance, I was just making an offhand comment about the importance of translation as a profession. Your title of this folder reminded me of these two people, and prompted me to do a search on them. 所以可能是驴头不对马嘴 我这是不读书不看报的,关于中国的消息都是从一些美国刊物和电视上了解到的。

Actually since hanging around this website, I've been paying a lot more attention to Chinese affairs. But still it's near impossible to plug a quarter-century gap.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wherestip, Sep 17, 2005

不瞒你说,其实在我贴条加标题时,也想到了他们,但是我没象你那么认真去查,所以更得感谢你贴的链接,这才更符合标题,也是对我们的正面鼓励

wherestip wrote:

Chance, I was just making an offhand comment about the importance of translation as a profession. Your title of this folder reminded me of these two people, and prompted me to do a search on them. 所以可能是驴头不对马嘴 我这是不读书不看报的,关于中国的消息都是从一些美国刊物和电视上了解到的。

Actually since hanging around this website, I've been paying a lot more attention to Chinese affairs. But still it's near impossible to plug a quarter-century gap.



[Edited at 2005-09-17 16:24]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 04:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks to wherestip! Sep 17, 2005

wherestip wrote:

Remember these guys?


謝謝你這些有趣的連結!


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

翻译在两国首脑会晤时的重要作用

Advanced search






Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs