https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/3758-%BF%C9%C4%DC%CA%C7%C6%C5%C6%C5%C2%E8%C2%E8%B5%C4%BB%F2%BC%A6%B5%B0%C0%EF%CC%F4%B9%C7%CD%B7.html

可能是婆婆妈妈的或鸡蛋里挑骨头
Thread poster: Summit
Summit
Summit
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 6, 2002

感觉在Proz的KudoZ上,似乎能(或应该)有更多的选择,(agree, disagree, neutral)完全是按照呆呆的所谓电脑逻辑线路, 0 或 1. 我的想法是,是否能改变其他的方式令大家畅所欲言而又不伤和气

i.e.: Agree, Agree with

1. Agree

2. Agree with further comment

3. Agree with reserved comment

3. Neutral (how to be neutral, just being diplomatic or don\'t know?) either agree or disagree.
... See more
感觉在Proz的KudoZ上,似乎能(或应该)有更多的选择,(agree, disagree, neutral)完全是按照呆呆的所谓电脑逻辑线路, 0 或 1. 我的想法是,是否能改变其他的方式令大家畅所欲言而又不伤和气

i.e.: Agree, Agree with

1. Agree

2. Agree with further comment

3. Agree with reserved comment

3. Neutral (how to be neutral, just being diplomatic or don\'t know?) either agree or disagree.

4. Disagree

5. Disagree with comment

6. Disagree with reserved comment

\"reserved\" means, the comment will be addressed in private for further discussion.

Like most peers, I often do agree with most of the Pros, but I am worry to click on \"Disagree\"s button, since I am worry that it might offend people in public.

May be you folk can help me on the issue of \"how to disagree with people\'s view while not offending his/her feeling?

Any comment would be sincerely appreicated

Collapse

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:00
Chinese to English
+ ...
more room for comments Jul 7, 2002

I agree with summit\'s suggestions. Some time I find it\'s a little difficult to disagree with an answer without risks of hurting the answerers\' feelings, because there is not enough space for detailed explanations about why I cannot agree. In this situation, I often choose to post a different answer and give my explanations there. Even in making an agreement, I often find I am in need of more space to explain my reasons or add some more information. In this situation, I am a little hesitating ... See more
I agree with summit\'s suggestions. Some time I find it\'s a little difficult to disagree with an answer without risks of hurting the answerers\' feelings, because there is not enough space for detailed explanations about why I cannot agree. In this situation, I often choose to post a different answer and give my explanations there. Even in making an agreement, I often find I am in need of more space to explain my reasons or add some more information. In this situation, I am a little hesitating and warring about if it is unfair to the initial answer, although I have done a few such postings when my long comments were cut by the system.

If we can make a full range message when agree or disagree with a posted answer, and/or if we can have a leveled commenting system that allows us to make comments on comments, we might be able to make a disagreement more friendly, rational and professional, and make the agreements more informative and more interactive.

Xiaoping
Collapse

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:00
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
It takes courage to disagree with someone. Jul 10, 2002

Hello, Xiaoping and Summit,

It does take courage to disagree with someone. I was graded with “disagree” by the peers in the past. It did catch my attention and made me think. It did make me to be more careful when I post something. I believe that it is also a learning process when you can articulate the reason that supports your translation. I noticed Xiaoping is very good at that. It is true that “Disagree” is rarely used by our translators. It perhaps has to do wi
... See more

It does take courage to disagree with someone. I was graded with “disagree” by the peers in the past. It did catch my attention and made me think. It did make me to be more careful when I post something. I believe that it is also a learning process when you can articulate the reason that supports your translation. I noticed Xiaoping is very good at that. It is true that “Disagree” is rarely used by our translators. It perhaps has to do with the Chinese culture which values to be able to avoid being confrontational. For example, whenever Xiaoping disagrees with me, he just posts another message next to mine, and offers a better way to say it.

I encourage everyone to speak the mind in our discussions. It is purely academic, nothing personal!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-10 08:08 ]
Collapse

Summit
Summit
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
needs space for more detailed & informative comments Jul 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-07 05:31, xiaoping wrote:

I agree with summit\'s suggestions. Some time I find it\'s a little difficult to disagree with an answer without risks of hurting the answerers\' feelings, because there is not enough space for detailed explanations about why I cannot agree. In this situation, I often choose to post a different answer and give my explanations there. Even in making an agreement, I often find I am in need o... See more
Quote:

On 2002-07-07 05:31, xiaoping wrote:

I agree with summit\'s suggestions. Some time I find it\'s a little difficult to disagree with an answer without risks of hurting the answerers\' feelings, because there is not enough space for detailed explanations about why I cannot agree. In this situation, I often choose to post a different answer and give my explanations there. Even in making an agreement, I often find I am in need of more space to explain my reasons or add some more information. In this situation, I am a little hesitating and warring about if it is unfair to the initial answer, although I have done a few such postings when my long comments were cut by the system.

If we can make a full range message when agree or disagree with a posted answer, and/or if we can have a leveled commenting system that allows us to make comments on comments, we might be able to make a disagreement more friendly, rational and professional, and make the agreements more informative and more interactive.

Xiaoping

Thanks to Mr. Fu

感同身受.

I believe most of web sites are limited either in storage space or download time (speed to view the web page) to operate a professional platform. Specially like Proz is trying to engulf most major languages as well as to encompass most popular subjects,the capacity it needs to operate must be huge.

If Proz would like to consider members\' recommendation, may be the issue can be easily solved by:

Embedding a \"button\" alongside the commentator\'s answer which could re-direct the interested party to a new page (either provided by Proz or commentator) for more detailed information.

In this way, the limited space provided by Proz can be used solely for commentator\'s summary. To any viewer, if not interested in that topic or comment can simply skip that \"button\".

The suggested solution can also help Proz to maintain its web site as neat, efficient and above all, reach its goal as to help peers to learn the meaning of each word from all prospectives. ▲ Collapse

Summit
Summit
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kevin, thanks for the comments Jul 11, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-10 05:47, Tongli wrote:

It does take courage to disagree with someone. I was graded with “disagree” by the peers in the past. It did catch my attention and made me think. It did make me to be more careful when I post something. I believe that it is also a learning process when you can articulate the reason that supports your translation. I noticed Xiaoping is ve... See more
Quote:

On 2002-07-10 05:47, Tongli wrote:

It does take courage to disagree with someone. I was graded with “disagree” by the peers in the past. It did catch my attention and made me think. It did make me to be more careful when I post something. I believe that it is also a learning process when you can articulate the reason that supports your translation. I noticed Xiaoping is very good at that. It is true that “Disagree” is rarely used by our translators. It perhaps has to do with the Chinese culture which values to be able to avoid being confrontational. For example, whenever Xiaoping disagrees with me, he just posts another message next to mine, and offers a better way to say it.

I encourage everyone to speak the mind in our discussions. It is purely academic, nothing personal!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-10 08:08 ]

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your comments and suggestion. One might simply shone away in silent rather than click \"disagree\". I do agree with you that we should all bear in mind that this is only a place purely for academic discussion nothing personal. ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

可能是婆婆妈妈的或鸡蛋里挑骨头

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »