Thread poster: Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 30, 2006

This cat was apparently old and hungry. Winter kills wild cats like this, and Spring brings it some fresh hope.

I first met this cat six years ago. I remember telling its story to students in my class, encouraging them to tell their own interesting stories in English as a practice.

At that time the cat was strong and pretty. It even fought with a wolf dog at least twenty times larger. The result was of course running away. But it dared to.

Two years ago
... See more
This cat was apparently old and hungry. Winter kills wild cats like this, and Spring brings it some fresh hope.

I first met this cat six years ago. I remember telling its story to students in my class, encouraging them to tell their own interesting stories in English as a practice.

At that time the cat was strong and pretty. It even fought with a wolf dog at least twenty times larger. The result was of course running away. But it dared to.

Two years ago one day in Fall. My wife told me she spotted the cat with one ear torn. I didn't say anything but my heart ached. A strange guy huh?

Now I wonder what it is thinking prostrating on that broken wall.

I took some snapshots and hope to work out some idea from these static images. Share with you...

[Edited at 2006-04-30 02:17]
Collapse

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:59
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
What's new pussycat? Apr 30, 2006

Tom Jones 名曲, 其中歌詞﹕
What's new pussycat? Woah, Woah
Pussycat, Pussycat
You're so thrilling
And I'm so willing
To care for you.
這貓有點髒,但很有個性,希望好好照顧。現在,中國的貓糧價錢怎樣,食魚嗎?這裡養人也不易,家裡有三條化骨龍,是噴火那種,小人與貓,難養矣!

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
虐待动物 May 1, 2006

pkchan wrote:

Tom Jones 名曲, 其中歌詞﹕
Pussycat, Pussycat
You're so thrilling
And I'm so willing
To care for you.
這貓有點髒,但很有個性,希望好好照顧。現在,中國的貓糧價錢怎樣,食魚嗎?這裡養人也不易,家裡有三條化骨龍,是噴火那種,小人與貓,難養矣!

这小猫常年在外已成习惯,我距离它 5 米左右拍摄,再近一些恐怕惊扰到它就会跑掉。我家既不养狗也未养猫,对此类宠物食品的价格不甚了了。有一次去超市,被花花绿绿的进口宠物罐头吸引过去,准备看看是何美味,被妻当头喝道:“看不见上面牌子写着狗粮吗?”我猜价钱应该不菲。

另,国人日渐疯狂,弃猫弃狗随处可见(这里的情况)。前段时间网上盛传变态女以杀猫戮狗以为快事,制作影片于网上传卖,后遭网民谴责遂止。丧心病狂!

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:59
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
貓狗人同涼熱,善哉!善哉! May 1, 2006

對虐貓事件,此間有聞。亦看過新波浪網報導,某市捉狗隊用長棍當街打狗,叫人心酸,想起港英殖民地政府對畜牲有法律保護的明文規定,值得借鏡。貓狗何罪,只不過不經意隨處方便,人亦何嘗不是如此,但罪不至死,善待一切,積福常樂。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Oh My! My Hungry old cat.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »