Mobile menu

Any Information or Suggetion for being Certified as a Professional Translator?
Thread poster: Fan Gao

Fan Gao
Local time: 07:27
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 14, 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm Mark, the British half of Chinese Concept. I'm looking for some advice or suggestions about getting certified as translators.

Myself and my Chinese colleague both have BA degrees in English but not in translation.

The whole world is aware of China's rapidly developing economy and the presence of western companies establishing joint ventures, setting up branch offices and subsidiaries has created an ever-increasing demand for translation.

In short, whether it's a European / English language pair or an Asian / English language pair, the more strings you have to your bow the better!

Does anyone know of, or can recommend an institution whereby you can become certified as a translator online?

We know of a few major Chinese institutions that hold in-house examinations at particular times of the year but were wondering if you had ever come across other institutions, within mainland China or international, that offered online examination and certification?

Many thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions you have to offer.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-05-14 17:22]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any Information or Suggetion for being Certified as a Professional Translator?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs