Mobile menu

Off topic: Take a break while translating, enjoy the Eurovision Song Contest!
Thread poster: Hanyi Magnusson

Hanyi Magnusson  Identity Verified
Bermuda
Local time: 22:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 25, 2006

Every May in Europe's TV, there is this funny event called Eurovision Song Contest, it has been going on for more than 50 years. ABBA's Waterloo was a winner once.

As a Chinese who lives in Europe, this is an excellent opportunity to see how diversified Europe is in terms of the ethnics, the culture, the languages and the values and even the country boundaries.

This year the contest is hosted in Athen, Greeks put on a very nice show. The winner is a rather controversial Finnish hard rock band Lordi.

While I am really tired in my working, or simply stuck with one word's translation, I try to listen to different kinds of music and find it is helpful.

I found this link through Swedish state television website:

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?sortOptionArt527895=10&d=47244&a=527895&queryArt527895=loca

When you get there, please click "Moldavien- 'Loca'" which is highlighted in pink and you will automatically connect to a realplay screen with all the contest songs listed.

My favourites are:

Bosina & Herzegovina: Layla/Lejla (in Swedish)

Croatian: Moja Stikla

Moldova: Loca

Latvia (Lettland in Swedish): I hear your heart

Spain: Bloody Mary

Denmark: Twist of love

Monaco: La CoCo-Dance

Netherlands (Holland in Swedish): Amambanda

Ireland : Every sond is a cry for love.

Enjoy it!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 09:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
"Il était temps" May 25, 2006

今年的 Grand Prix d´Eurovision de la Chanson Européenne 還真有點兒看頭。法國的美髮師新歌手 Virginie Pouchain 唱的 Il était temps 短短的,簡單的歌詞,簡單的旋律,但是教人難忘:

"Il était temps"
Devenir, comme seule raison de résister
Tenir, élever le ton pour exister
Ça se dit ça se chante facilement
Mais mon refrain aujourd'hui c'est
Il était temps qu'enfin le ciel se rappelle de moi
Il était temps enfin une trêve ma chance a moi
Il était temps Il était temps

Courir après l'idéal ça vaut le coup
Souffrir. Oh quel régal quand c'est un rêve au bout
Ça se dit ça se chante facilement
Mais mon refrain aujourd'hui c'est
Il était temps qu'enfin le ciel se rappelle de moi
Il était temps enfin une trêve ma chance a moi
Il était temps Il était temps

J'y croyais plus
J' y croyais plus d'ailleurs j'ai du mal a le croire encore
Il était temps qu'enfin le ciel se rappelle de moi
Il était temps enfin une trêve ma chance a moi
Il était temps Il était temps

Il était temps pourvu que ça reste
Et si ça ne dure pas
Je serais heureuse de dire aux enfants
Que j'y ai touché une fois dans mon temps

Il était temps...

Englische Version: "The Time Has Come"

Become, as the unique reason to resist
Hold out, raise the voice to exist
You can say it, you can sing it easily
But today my chorus is this one

Time has come for heaven to remember me at last
Time has come, a rest finally, it's my own chance
Time has come, time has come

Run, after an ideal, it's worth it
Suffer. Oh what a treat when a dream is at the end
You can say it, you can sing it easily
But today, my chorus is this one

Time has come for heaven to remember me at last
Time has come, a rest, finally it's my own chance
Time has come, time has come

I didn't believe in it anymore
I didn't believe in it, and it's still hard for me believing it today
Time has come for heaven to remember me at last
Time has come, a rest finally, it's my own chance

The time has come, let's hope it lasts
And if not
I'll be glad to tell the children
I was able to touch it, once in my lifetime

The time has come...

Text u. Musik: Corneille Nyungura

據說這首歌原本不是這個面貌,歌名原本是 Vous c'est nous,歌手 Virginie Pouchain 在談話節目上老實說她並不喜歡,France 3 馬上請 Cornelia Nyungura 跟她一起把詞曲做了些小變動,這下奪魁了。

http://participer.france3.fr/eurovision/videos.php?id_video=03

看他們挑歌手的過程真是有趣。


[Edited at 2006-05-25 16:33]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hanyi Magnusson  Identity Verified
Bermuda
Local time: 22:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
one more link May 25, 2006

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

今年的 Grand Prix d´Eurovision de la Chanson Européenne 還真有點兒看頭。法國的美髮師新歌手 Virginie Pouchain 唱的 Il était temps 短短的,簡單的歌詞,簡單的旋律,但是教人難忘:

"Il était temps"
Devenir, comme seule raison de résister
Tenir, élever le ton pour exister
Ça se dit ça se chante facilement
Mais mon refrain aujourd'hui c'est
Il était temps qu'enfin le ciel se rappelle de moi
Il était temps enfin une trêve ma chance a moi
Il était temps Il était temps

Courir après l'idéal ça vaut le coup
Souffrir. Oh quel régal quand c'est un rêve au bout
Ça se dit ça se chante facilement
Mais mon refrain aujourd'hui c'est
Il était temps qu'enfin le ciel se rappelle de moi
Il était temps enfin une trêve ma chance a moi
Il était temps Il était temps

J'y croyais plus
J' y croyais plus d'ailleurs j'ai du mal a le croire encore
Il était temps qu'enfin le ciel se rappelle de moi
Il était temps enfin une trêve ma chance a moi
Il était temps Il était temps

Il était temps pourvu que ça reste
Et si ça ne dure pas
Je serais heureuse de dire aux enfants
Que j'y ai touché une fois dans mon temps

Il était temps...

Englische Version: "The Time Has Come"

Become, as the unique reason to resist
Hold out, raise the voice to exist
You can say it, you can sing it easily
But today my chorus is this one

Time has come for heaven to remember me at last
Time has come, a rest finally, it's my own chance
Time has come, time has come

Run, after an ideal, it's worth it
Suffer. Oh what a treat when a dream is at the end
You can say it, you can sing it easily
But today, my chorus is this one

Time has come for heaven to remember me at last
Time has come, a rest, finally it's my own chance
Time has come, time has come

I didn't believe in it anymore
I didn't believe in it, and it's still hard for me believing it today
Time has come for heaven to remember me at last
Time has come, a rest finally, it's my own chance

The time has come, let's hope it lasts
And if not
I'll be glad to tell the children
I was able to touch it, once in my lifetime

The time has come...

Text u. Musik: Corneille Nyungura

據說這首歌原本不是這個面貌,歌名原本是 Vous c'est nous,歌手 Virginie Pouchain 在談話節目上老實說她並不喜歡,France 3 馬上請 Cornelia Nyungura 跟她一起把詞曲做了些小變動,這下奪魁了。

http://participer.france3.fr/eurovision/videos.php?id_video=03

看他們挑歌手的過程真是有趣。


[Edited at 2006-05-25 16:33]



Hi Wenjer, glad you also enjoyed it this year. 我记得好像在Final的时候,不是这个女孩子表演这首法国参赛歌曲的,可惜了。

Well, I found a even better link now, the official website for Eurovision, one can read about the history and listen to some old contest winning songs if interested (it is slightly commercial though, appologize):

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/history.htm

Enjoy!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 09:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aha! May 25, 2006

Yi Magnusson wrote:

Hi Wenjer, glad you also enjoyed it this year. 我记得好像在Final的时候,不是这个女孩子表演这首法国参赛歌曲的,可惜了。

Well, I found a even better link now, the official website for Eurovision, one can read about the history and listen to some old contest winning songs if interested (it is slightly commercial though, appologize):

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/history.htm

Enjoy!


那麼大概是我看走眼了。還沒時間看完全部資料。

剛看了一下進入決賽的名單:
http://www.abendblatt.de/daten/2006/05/20/564774.html
Virginie Pouchain 果然是在名單內。

更妙的是,唱 "Aserejé" 的 Las Ketchup 也以 "Bloody Mary" 參賽。老實說,還是 "Aserejé" 好聽些--四年或五年前,我的兩個女兒著實迷這首歌,迷了好一陣子。

http://www.musica.com/video.asp?video=219
剛找到的這個版本是英語夾西班牙語唱的全首 Aserejé,還有 video clip 可以看,wow!

Aserejé (the Ketchup Song) (english) - Las Ketchup

Friday night it's party time
feeling ready looking fine,
viene diego rumbeando,
with the magic in his eyes
checking every girl in sight,
grooving like he does the mambo
he's the man alli en la disco,
playing sexy felling hotter,
he's the king bailando et ritmo ragatanga,
and the dj that he knows well,
on the spot always around twelve,
plays the mix that diego mezcla con la salsa,
y la baila and he dances y la canta

[chorus:]
aserejè ja de jè de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva,
majavi an de bugui an de buididipi,
aserejè ja de jè de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva,
majavi an de bugui an de buididipi

Many think its brujeria,
how he comes and disappears,
every move will hypnotize you,
some will call it chuleria,
others say that its the real,
rastafari afrogitano
He's the man alli en la disco,
playing sexy felling hotter,
he's the king bailando et ritmo ragatanga,
and the dj that he knows well,
on the spot always around twelve,
plays the mix that diego mezcla con la salsa,
y la baila and he dances y la canta

[repeat chorus]


[Edited at 2006-05-25 19:31]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hanyi Magnusson  Identity Verified
Bermuda
Local time: 22:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The Ketchup Song 老少皆宜 May 26, 2006

[quote]Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

Yi Magnusson wrote:

Hi Wenjer, glad you also enjoyed it this year. 我记得好像在Final的时候,不是这个女孩子表演这首法国参赛歌曲的,可惜了。

Well, I found a even better link now, the official website for Eurovision, one can read about the history and listen to some old contest winning songs if interested (it is slightly commercial though, appologize):

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/history.htm

Enjoy!


那麼大概是我看走眼了。還沒時間看完全部資料。

剛看了一下進入決賽的名單:
http://www.abendblatt.de/daten/2006/05/20/564774.html
Virginie Pouchain 果然是在名單內。

更妙的是,唱 "Aserejé" 的 Las Ketchup 也以 "Bloody Mary" 參賽。老實說,還是 "Aserejé" 好聽些--四年或五年前,我的兩個女兒著實迷這首歌,迷了好一陣子。

http://www.musica.com/video.asp?video=219
剛找到的這個版本是英語夾西班牙語唱的全首 Aserejé,還有 video clip 可以看,wow!

Aserejé (the Ketchup Song) (english) - Las Ketchup

]

抱歉Wenjer, 其实我没有观看整个比赛(Semi-final,final),只是看了最后的决赛。Vierginie Pouchain must be in the final. I only remember the French girl seems a bit nervous while perform in the final and she also had a bit blonder hair compare to the MTV clip--that is why I thought it was a different girl.

Thank you for Asereje (Even with a English version)! Not only little girls loved this song, I believe all ages had a bit of a kick while this song was played. It was a almost must-play in any kind of party back then. I agree, 'Bloody Mary' probably is not as good.

I heard the four girls from Las Ketchup are sisters, their father is a famous local folk song singer/writer. Imagine the family gathering.

Placido Domingo's family gathering apparently is also famous for 'singing a song', Imagine.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Take a break while translating, enjoy the Eurovision Song Contest!

Advanced search






PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs