wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:39
Chinese to English
+ ...
Picking vendors Oct 13, 2006

redred wrote:

wherestip,以电视剧那个版本为例,国内那两个网站的销售价格都是九十多元,加上邮购的费用,料想邮寄费不会超过商品本身的价钱吧?这样两者加起来的总费用还比国外那个网站“国货精品”销售的DVD便宜,国外那套DVD折算为人民币二百多不到三百元,这个价钱还没包括邮寄费。在互联网上,无视地域,消费者都是找同质价优,便宜的货物,国内的邮寄要取道海或空穿越太平洋,周期长了点,而对DVD类的不是生活必需品的商品而言,这个瑕疵无足挂齿。因互联网的出现而产生的威胁,“国货精品”要使用什么绝招突围而出?

Sorry, redred. Somehow I missed this post of yours. Thanks for the good advice BTW.

What you said is true. I think I will start ordering some stuff from one of those websites that chance provided links to.

Unlike what I initially thought, Chinese Internet companies that have a U. S. local presence do not necessarily provide better customer service. That's been proven to me by this vendor I ordered a few items of so-called "国货精品" from. Not once did I get a single response from them.

Could you or someone else possibly comment on the situation of credit card security these days? That's the concern I had with ordering directly from mainland websites. I really didn't mind paying a bit more as long as I didn't become a victim of overseas credit card fraud.

[Edited at 2006-10-13 03:25]

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Overseas opportunities Oct 13, 2006

wherestip wrote:

Could you or someone else possibly comment on the situation of credit card security these days? That's the concern I had with ordering directly from mainland websites. I really didn't mind paying a bit more as long as I didn't become a victim of overseas credit card fraud.

[Edited at 2006-10-13 03:25]

Take DVD website for example, it means they have unconscious shortcoming in the aspects, how to cope with the transaction online for buyers abroad like you. However, if the operation is smooth, it is bad days for overseas DVD websites.

Nowadays, most importantly, the virus 木马 haunts people shopping online attribute to bank transaction, but fewer stories about credit card fraud, it hints that you may be overindulged surrounding.

[Edited at 2006-10-13 08:46]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Wherestip, Oct 13, 2006

我在国内网站购买采取的是网上付款方式,因为我在国内有账号,可以网上直接操作,所以很方便也安全。

在欧洲和美国网站买东西,我用的是E-Card,是我们这里银行提供的在线虚拟Credit Card服务,和我的银行Credit Card挂钩。要支付时,我可以启动这个已经安装到我电脑上的软件或到银行网站启动这一软件,输入用户和密码后,再输入要支付的款项,实时产生一个信用卡
... See more

在欧洲和美国网站买东西,我用的是E-Card,是我们这里银行提供的在线虚拟Credit Card服务,和我的银行Credit Card挂钩。要支付时,我可以启动这个已经安装到我电脑上的软件或到银行网站启动这一软件,输入用户和密码后,再输入要支付的款项,实时产生一个信用卡数据,用这个数据去填写即可。优点是,从来不给真正的卡号等信息,万一虚拟卡信息被盗,也限于我填写的一次性支付款项。

国内一些较大网站也都有海外邮寄服务和各种付款方式,我在多个网站购买过,这次“红楼梦”是在当当买的,因为其它几个网站的版本没有中英字幕,当当也有快递和普通邮寄服务:

http://home.dangdang.com/

当当各种付款方式:

http://service.dangdang.com/pmf/index.php?sid=801280&aktion=artikel&rubrik=036&id=529&lang=zh

卓越网也行:

http://www.joyo.com/

这些网站也都有电话热线服务,所以如果有问题,除电子邮件联系外,也可以直接打电话去查询,一般很快解决问题。

[Edited at 2006-10-13 11:01]
Collapse

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Small risks Oct 13, 2006

chance wrote:

在欧洲和美国网站买东西,我用的是E-Card,是我们这里银行提供的在线虚拟Credit Card服务,和我的银行Credit Card挂钩。要支付时,我可以启动这个已经安装到我电脑上的软件或到银行网站启动这一软件,输入用户和密码后,再输入要支付的款项,实时产生一个信用卡数据,用这个数据去填写即可。优点是,从来不给真正的卡号等信息,万一虚拟卡信息被盗,也限于我填写的一次性支付款项。

国内一些较大网站也都有海外邮寄服务和各种付款方式,我在多个网站购买过,这次“红楼梦”是在当当买的,因为其它几个网站的版本没有中英字幕,当当也有快递和普通邮寄服务:

http://home.dangdang.com/

当当各种付款方式:

http://service.dangdang.com/pmf/index.php?sid=801280&aktion=artikel&rubrik=036&id=529&lang=zh

卓越网也行:

http://www.joyo.com/

Thanks a lot for the info, Chance.

I'll definitely give joyo a try. Last time you asked about 红楼梦, I checked for 侯宝林的相声 on that site and found that they carried an MP3 disc version of it. Darn, now I've gotta go get me an ipod nano... one more gadget to fiddle with

As you know, I'm not engaged in any serious translation work to warrant setting up money transfer accounts. And as luck has it, I don't have any rinky-dink cards with small credit lines. The only alternatives I have are to either take a chance or stay away from the merchandise.

Later I'll also take a look at the dangdang website you mentioned. It sounds like a reputable outfit. Thanks again for your help.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I have to say I was worried about nothing. I finally got my order placed with 当当. They had multiple methods for payment; all seemed legit and secure.

Actually, the variety of payment methods got me all confused, especially with such names as 银联 and 拉卡啦. I must say it was a struggle just to get oriented and figure out 首信 was the credit card option I wanted. Over here you pay for everything online with a credit card. The only choice you get is which card to use -- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner's Club, or Discover.

IMO they need to simplify things a bit over there.

[Edited at 2006-10-13 22:02]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Surprisingly Good Customer Service Oct 19, 2006

chance wrote:

chance,

Thanks again for turning me onto these 2 online stores, especially 当当. Not only was their customer service timely and responsive, their operation seemed to be expedient and well-run also. My first order has already been shipped, and is on its merry way.

I was so impressed I placed another order. Two documentaries that sounded interesting to me were "故宫" and "长江".

I also have to thank redred again for her suggestion of ordering directly from the Chinese domestic websites. Businesses seem to be well-attuned to the concept of "market-driven" nowadays, very different from the ways things were run when I was over there.

[Edited at 2006-10-19 02:31]

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
故宫很好看的 Oct 19, 2006

这部纪录片给我的印象很深。拍得很不错。

我在当当网上买过一次书,但是因为他们的网站速度很慢,找东西很不方便,后来就转到卓越了。

wherestip wrote:

I was so impressed I placed another order. Two documentaries that sounded interesting to me were "故宫" and "长江".

[Edited at 2006-10-19 06:19]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
谢wherestip和周丹的推荐 Oct 19, 2006

我也要买“故宫”和“长江”,原本想买“我的名字叫红”,但是当当和卓越都缺货,我反正经常买词典书籍等,以后再一起买。

在当当选择的商品包括未支付的订单都有保存,所以即便以后再买,总是可以查看以前缺货未买成的商品,加在一起再订购。卓越可能也有记录,记不太清了。

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
English aside Oct 19, 2006

[/quote]

分好几辑节目并且是英语旁白的那个“故宫”?描述明朝时从南京开始,后来到北京,历时多年建成紫禁城,然后分了好几个编章,分宫廷的礼仪编、瓷器篇、子嗣继承还有后宫等等内容,介绍明到清帝皇们在紫禁城的生活,是一部宫廷的百科全书,增加知识性和趣味性。上个月,在本地的英语频道看了一下。

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
关于夜宴 Oct 19, 2006

昨天有朋友发给我一段很搞笑的文字,“介绍”夜宴的情节,颇似红楼梦里贾母掰谎。对照自己的观碟感受,不禁哑然。

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
忘了问一句: Jan 10, 2007

在《夜宴》中,章子怡和周迅谁的演技更好?

redred wrote:

今晚看的《夜宴》,是一部值得推荐的国产大片,有很多出乎意外的情节,同时看俊男美女主演的影片也是件赏心悦目的事。现在国产片的阵容丝毫不逊于好莱坞电影,如《Mr.& Mrs. Smith》并不比它强多少。影片的高潮,是举行盛宴的部份,厉旁自饮剩余的毒酒,其作为有点不符合逻辑,这么暴谑的君皇也会良心发现,未免有点牵强。影片结束时章子怡后面“嗖”地一声不知从哪儿直插其后背的一把刀,也很出乎意外,在观众还在捉摸哪个是凶手,等待他/她出现时,THE END出现。影片结尾章子怡之死寓义深刻,意味深长。

章子怡在电影中演技渐增,难怪现在是好莱坞的当红炸子鸡,在国外很受欢迎,是陈冲那个时代的明星不能比拟的事,也可说是为华人增了光。

Zhoudan wrote:

昨天有朋友发给我一段很搞笑的文字,“介绍”夜宴的情节,颇似红楼梦里贾母掰谎。对照自己的观碟感受,不禁哑然。

[Edited at 2007-01-10 17:50]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Betty, Jan 10, 2007

你这一出贴我才想起来原来是在这栏里他们推荐过

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
chance, Jan 10, 2007

我也是因为最近看了这两大美女的出色表演,才想起来问彤彤和丹丹这个问题。

对了,chance,有件小事儿,可能要麻烦您帮个忙......可以将您的Yahoo 或 MSN ID发给我吗?多谢!;)

我刚给你发了邮件。

CDMT,

B.
chance wrote:
你这一出贴我才想起来原来是在这栏里他们推荐过

[Edited at 2007-01-10 18:11]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
我没Yahoo,一会儿把MSN给你 Jan 10, 2007

不过我一般不开,只有在我急着找合作者时才开,为了避免那些客户监视我是否工作
Chinoise wrote:

对了,chance;有件小事儿,可能要麻烦您帮个忙......可以将您的Yahoo 或 MSN ID发给我吗?多谢!;)

CDMT,

B.
[/quote]

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
谢谢! Jan 10, 2007

明天咱们在MSN上“接着唠”;)

chance wrote:
不过我一般不开,只有在我急着找合作者时才开,为了避免那些客户监视我是否工作

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:39
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
都不怎么样。不过我没看过。 Jan 10, 2007

[quote]Chinoise wrote:

在《夜宴》中,章子怡和周迅谁的演技更好?

redred wrote:

走红得有点奇怪。

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

电影 (My Favorite Movies)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »