Thread poster: Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 17:00
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Oct 12, 2006

I have a German client who is looking for a local expert/project assistant to take up a 3-month assignment in China. I don't know if it is appropriate to post this here, but as the job involves translation, I thought it might be interesting for some of our mainland Chinese colleagues. Here is the job description:

• Assist international consultants in implementation the microfinance project in China, specifically in the provinces of Sichuan, Guizhou, Shanxi and Inner Mongolia
... See more
I have a German client who is looking for a local expert/project assistant to take up a 3-month assignment in China. I don't know if it is appropriate to post this here, but as the job involves translation, I thought it might be interesting for some of our mainland Chinese colleagues. Here is the job description:

• Assist international consultants in implementation the microfinance project in China, specifically in the provinces of Sichuan, Guizhou, Shanxi and Inner Mongolia
• Perform interpretation at official meetings from Chinese to English and vice versa
• Perform necessary translations (Chinese, English)
• Manage all organisational and logistical matters
• Answer and make phone calls
• Organise meetings and trainings for international consultants
• Provide support in other project related activities.

You would need:

• University degree
• Working experience in international projects
• Experience of translation and interpretation from Chinese to English and vice versa
• Knowledge of Chinese (native) and English (proficient) languages
• Excellent organisational, presentation and communication skills
• High sense of responsibility.

If you are interested or if you know of anyone who is qualified for the position, please contact me.

The client is also interested to advertise this opening on some high-traffic Chinese personnel recruitment websites. Can someone please recommend a few???

Kevin, if it is inappropriate to post this in the forum, please go ahead and delete the posting.

Denyce

[Edited at 2006-10-12 10:59]
Collapse

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:00
English to Chinese
+ ...
借薇薇的宝地用一下:—) Oct 14, 2006

I have a similar job advertisement here:

One of my French clients is looking for two Chinese Project Managers (one in Hong Kong and the other in Taiwan). If anyone is interested, please contact me via my profile email.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chinoise

[Edited at 2006-10-14 16:54]

fang fang
fang fang
English to Chinese
I am looking for a job like your offer Oct 30, 2006

May i have your contact Email address or MSN address?

[Edited at 2006-10-30 08:03]

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Welcome Oct 30, 2006

hitaco wrote:

May i have your contact Email address or MSN address?

[Edited at 2006-10-30 08:03]

Hi hitaco,

Thank you for your interest. However, I believe my client has already selected someone. Sorry about this...

By the way, I noticed you are new to Proz. Welcome. Please feel free to browse around. If you have any questions, just ask in the forum. People here are friendly and helpful, so you will get the help you need.

Denyce

fang fang
fang fang
English to Chinese
Thanks for your kindly Nov 15, 2006

Thanks for your kindly

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:00
English to Chinese
+ ...
Excuse me! Nov 15, 2006

hitaco wrote:
Thanks for your kindly

But can you kindly check the grammar, please?

fang fang
fang fang
English to Chinese
Thanks for your kindness Nov 20, 2006

Thanks for all kindly people.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a Local Expert/Project Assistant in Mainland China

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »