Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
Off topic: 祝贺你们,薇薇和建军!(Congratulations, Denyce and Jianjun!)
Thread poster: Chinoise
Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
Oct 15, 2006

Hi Denyce,

Congratulations on your promotion to Moderator of the Chinese>English language pair.

We will answer more and more questions there!

[Edited at 2006-10-15 20:29]

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 18:25
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Thanks, Betty Oct 15, 2006

Chinoise wrote:

Congratulations on your promotion to Moderator of the Chinese>English language pair.

[Edited at 2006-10-15 15:38]

Thanks, Betty. You're fast.

Jianjun and I were officially added to the moderator team today. He will be in charge of English-Chinese Kudoz questions, while I take care of the Chinese-English Kudoz questions. The Chinese Kudoz section has all along functioned quite smoothly, even though it was without a moderator for some time. However, some issues surfaced recently, making it necessary for Proz.com to appoint moderators to this section.

In addition, I believe our addition to the moderator team is to help relieve Kevin's workload. Kevin has been taking care of the Chinese community by himself for a long time. I am sure all of you see the work he puts in, such as moderating the forum and leading the Chinese localisation project. I hope Jianjun and I can be of some help to him from now on.

Being a moderator is not only about having that green "Moderator" word below the profile picture or having "special priviledges". I recognise that it is going to be a challenging task. I will strive to do my best in exercising fairness, objectivity, respect and intergrity in all my actions. At the same time, I will certainly need your cooperation and assistance. Let's work together to make the Chinese community a better place for everyone!

Kind regards,
Denyce

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very well said, Denyce! Oct 15, 2006

If you folks need more help from us, just let us know. As your good colleagues, we are all willing to be volunteers to offer free assistance!

P.S. Can you two newly-appointed moderators share your success stories here with us?

Kind regards,

Betty

Denyce Seow wrote:

Chinoise wrote:

Jianjun and I were officially added to the moderator team today. He will be in charge of English-Chinese Kudoz questions, while I take care of the Chinese-English Kudoz questions. The Chinese Kudoz section has all along functioned quite smoothly, even though it was without a moderator for some time. However, some issues surfaced recently, making it necessary for Proz.com to appoint moderators to this section.

In addition, I believe our addition to the moderator team is to help relieve Kevin's workload. Kevin has been taking care of the Chinese community by himself for a long time. I am sure all of you see the work he puts in, such as moderating the forum and leading the Chinese localisation project. I hope Jianjun and I can be of some help to him from now on.

Being a moderator is not only about having that green "Moderator" word below the profile picture or having "special priviledges". I recognise that it is going to be a challenging task. I will strive to do my best in exercising fairness, objectivity, respect and intergrity in all my actions. At the same time, I will certainly need your cooperation and assistance. Let's work together to make the Chinese community a better place for everyone!

Kind regards,
Denyce

[Edited at 2006-10-15 16:17]

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:25
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Three Cheers! Oct 15, 2006

Denyce Seow wrote:

Chinoise wrote:

[Edited at 2006-10-15 15:38]

Kind regards,
Denyce

We need the right person for the right job. Wei Wei, you're "The Woman". Congratulations!

http://www.finnmoller.dk/tr-usa/ma/cheers01.jpg

Xu Dongjun
Xu Dongjun  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
Congratulations! Oct 15, 2006

Congratulations, Weiwei.:-)

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Oct 15, 2006

As the Germans would say in this occasion, congratulations!

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:25
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Congratulations to Denyce and Jianjun! Oct 15, 2006

Hello, Denyce (Weiwei), Jianjun and all the translators

This is a long-waited great news. I heard it on Friday last week and learned that both Denyce and Jianjun were receiving orientation and job training. The Chinese sector is urgently needing additional moderators, especially the KudoZ section which has been left unattended for a couple of years now. The two new modz, like new blood, will certain change the horizon of the current Chinese sector.

The major role of the
... See more
Hello, Denyce (Weiwei), Jianjun and all the translators

This is a long-waited great news. I heard it on Friday last week and learned that both Denyce and Jianjun were receiving orientation and job training. The Chinese sector is urgently needing additional moderators, especially the KudoZ section which has been left unattended for a couple of years now. The two new modz, like new blood, will certain change the horizon of the current Chinese sector.

The major role of the modz is to "serve the people", yes, just like the saying we heard when we grew up, and help to make this website more pleasant and home-like to every member and visitor. It is a volunteer job, and you will have to devote many hours each week to carry out the tasks. I am asking our nice translators to continously support our work.

Have a great day!

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-10-16 08:13]
Collapse

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IMPORTANT-- Oct 15, 2006

Denyce,

I bet you will become busy. Maybe you would consider postponing the translation contest? Yes or no, let us know.
In either case, we won't blame you!

Denyce Seow wrote:

Kind regards,
Denyce

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
Congratulations! Oct 15, 2006

Hi Jianjun and Denyce,

I salute both of you for taking this volunteer position. I will support you in the years ahead!

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:25
Chinese to English
+ ...
Ditto to the above sentiments Oct 15, 2006

Jianjun and Denyce,

Congratulations on your new roles and responsibilities in this forum. Your willingness to volunteer your own time and effort to take on the tasks of serving the Chinese/English translation community as a whole is very admirable.

In my opinion, you two are very competent and suited for the moderator jobs. I'd also like to express my support and cooperation in the future.

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:25
Chinese to English
+ ...
To Weiwei Oct 15, 2006

wherestip wrote:

Jianjun and Denyce,

Congratulations on your new roles and responsibilities in this forum. Your willingness to volunteer your own time and effort to take on the tasks of serving the Chinese/English translation community as a whole is very admirable.

In my opinion, you two are very competent and suited for the moderator jobs. I'd also like to express my support and cooperation in the future.

Congratulations and appreciations! You have my full support.

Xiaoping

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
A big thank you to all! Oct 15, 2006

First of all, let me thank you all for your encouragement and kind regards.

Being a moderator is actually no easy task. I believed it was easy when I expressed interest to Proz.com early this year. But when the responsibilities were finally landed on my shoulder, and after I was given all the due privilleges of a moderator, I felt it was much more difficult than expected.

I think I still need some time to learn and practice to be a qualified moderator. And I'm sure all
... See more

Being a moderator is actually no easy task. I believed it was easy when I expressed interest to Proz.com early this year. But when the responsibilities were finally landed on my shoulder, and after I was given all the due privilleges of a moderator, I felt it was much more difficult than expected.

I think I still need some time to learn and practice to be a qualified moderator. And I'm sure all the peers here will, as usual help me grow. In the private forum setup for new moderators, I wrote:

Thank YOU! Oct 14

I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I am sure Denyce and I will make every effort to provide help and assistance to our colleagues in the English Chinese language pair.

The Chinese language translators have a long history to network with one another via Proz.com. We are probably the first to hold an informal Virutal Powwow through Yahoo! Messenger.

Chinese language translators from around the world attended the Powwow. I believe our future work as moderators for KudoZ will further collaboration among translators.

Thank you again for letting us on board!

I cited the example of the virtual Powwow, because I always remember it is a sign of collaboration among all Chinese language translators around the world.

The role as a moderator doesn't mean the rules will be tighter and people will get punished and some white terror will stifle people. No. Not that way!

Moderators are there to facilitate communication among colleagues and friends. Moderators are there to help protect and maintain the already warm place and make it even warmer.

I believe that no matter who will be entrusted with this role as a moderator, the person will try her/his best to achieve this goal.

Being a moderator doesn't mean higher status or more importance or a showy title. It means helping get people better services.

The fact that three Chinese language speaking people from different countries working as moderators itself indicates we are special and bound to be united other than otherwise.

As moderators I believe we will go to any lengths to promote this good virtual among us.

Finally, I'd like to tell Donglai that you and all other peers here will surely get benefits from us. Just make a wish at Proz.com today, and we will help you realize it tomorrow.

Best,
Jianjun
Collapse

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I forgot to say-- Oct 15, 2006

Congratulations to you too, Jianjun. I will surely answer more English>Chinese KudoZ questions too!

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

Best,
Jianjun

[Edited at 2006-10-15 20:08]

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Thanks Oct 15, 2006

To Yueyin, Xiaoping, Kevin, Betty, Chance, Dongjun (stonejohn), Steven (wherestip), Wenjer and pkchan:

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I will do my best.

Kind regards,
Denyce

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are welcome, Denyce. Oct 15, 2006

By the way, if you plan to cancel the translation contest, feel free to do so. Like I said, we won't blame you at all!

Denyce Seow wrote:

To Yueyin, Xiaoping, Kevin, Betty, Chance, Dongjun (stonejohn), Steven (wherestip), Wenjer and pkchan:

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I will do my best.

Kind regards,
Denyce

[Edited at 2006-10-15 20:21]

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

祝贺你们,薇薇和建军!(Congratulations, Denyce and Jianjun!)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »