Edit Illustrator files
Thread poster: Denyce Seow

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 06:54
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Oct 25, 2006

I need to edit some Chinese illustrator files, but the characters have already been converted to paths. I cannot possibly delete characters or move them line by line. Moreover, the font I use seems to be different from that of the translator. What should I do? Any Illustrator experts out there? Help!!

Denyce

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Denyce, Oct 25, 2006

I am not an expert, but think the easiest way is to ask your client to send you a version before outlined.

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Chance Oct 25, 2006

chance wrote:

I am not an expert, but think the easiest way is to ask your client to send you a version before outlined.

I did that. I just wanted to see if there are other options...

Denyce

Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:54
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
You do not have any other options. Oct 26, 2006

Denyce and Chance,

Chance is correct. You do not have any other options, other than getting the original Illustrator file prior to being outlined. In your case, you will also need them to provide the Chinese font.

If the text is not whole lot, and you do have the font, you can re-key the Chinese text in the same font and font size. It sounds like you this is not your case.

Kevin

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Kevin Oct 26, 2006

TongliUSA wrote:

Denyce and Chance,

Chance is correct. You do not have any other options, other than getting the original Illustrator file prior to being outlined. In your case, you will also need them to provide the Chinese font.

If the text is not whole lot, and you do have the font, you can re-key the Chinese text in the same font and font size. It sounds like you this is not your case.

Kevin

Thank you for the advice, Kevin. There are seven pages, of which three are full. I am thinking of re-typing the whole thing, but that will take more time than I have quoted for. I have requested for the original copies, so let's see what the client says now.

Denyce

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit Illustrator files

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs