Thread poster: Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 16:47
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Dec 5, 2006

I need to pay someone who is based in Guangzhou. She does not have a Paypal or Moneybookers account, and she said receiving Western Union payment is troublesome for her. Hence, I wonder if anyone of you in China can help me do a bank transfer to her. The amount is about RMB 653. After converting to Euro, it should be about EUR 63. I will send you EUR 70 through Paypal or Moneybookers. It would be best if you could do online transfer, so you would not have to queue up at the bank.

P
... See more
I need to pay someone who is based in Guangzhou. She does not have a Paypal or Moneybookers account, and she said receiving Western Union payment is troublesome for her. Hence, I wonder if anyone of you in China can help me do a bank transfer to her. The amount is about RMB 653. After converting to Euro, it should be about EUR 63. I will send you EUR 70 through Paypal or Moneybookers. It would be best if you could do online transfer, so you would not have to queue up at the bank.

Please let me know if you can help.

Denyce

[Edited at 2006-12-05 18:27]
Collapse

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Pretty easy Dec 5, 2006

Denyce Seow wrote:

Please let me know if you can help.

Denyce

I got an account in Shanghai, China, and an account in Freising, Germany. Send me the bank data of the translator and I will pay to her account 653 RMB online. You can pay me through the account in Freising and I know it online immediately. Pretty easy, isn't it?

Before I got an account in Shanghai, I used to ask someone who lives in France but who has an account in China to do the samething for me. She advised me to have an account in China when I was to visit there. Many thanks to her advice! It is very convenient for me to pay to the translators in China now.

[Edited at 2006-12-06 00:58]

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sounds good! Dec 5, 2006

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

I got an account in Shanghai, China, and an account in Freising, Germany. Send me the bank data of the translator and I will pay to her account 653 RMB online. You can pay me through the account in Freising and I know it online immediately. Pretty easy, huh?

Sounds good! Do you remember Stefanie? She paid to your German account once. If you could help, that would be wonderful.

How do you set up an account in Shanghai? I heard you were there recently, so I guess you went to the bank personally? Would be great if I had a Chinese bank account... I wonder if they allow opening of accounts through mail or internet.

Denyce

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Get someone you trust Dec 5, 2006

Denyce Seow wrote:

Sounds good! Do you remember Stefanie? She paid to your German account once. If you could help, that would be wonderful.

How do you set up an account in Shanghai? I heard you were there recently, so I guess you went to the bank personally? Would be great if I had a Chinese bank account... I wonder if they allow opening of accounts through mail or internet.

Denyce

Oh yes, but don't pay to that account at Deutsche Bank. I got another one at Dresdner Bank and another at Commerz Bank now. I will send you the data per e-mail.

Opening an account in China is not difficult at all, once you are there. However , there is no way to open an account without the person being there. But you can ask someone you trust to open an account in his/her name for you and give you the online access. That someone in France and I did the same thing. We are not the account holders, but we have access to know and to cause transactions.

Try get someone in China for further businesses. I used to pay and receive money inland in China through someone whom I trust in Hangzhou. But I have direct access to an account in Shanghai now.

[Edited at 2006-12-06 01:01]

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Opening an account Dec 5, 2006

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

Oh yes, but don't pay to that account at Deutsche Bank. I got another one at Dresdner Bank and another at Commerz Bank now. I will send you the data per e-mail.

Opening an account in China is not difficult at all, once you are there. However , there is no way to open an account without the person being there. But you can ask someone you trust to open an account in his/her name for you and give you the online access. That someone in France and I did the samething. We are not the account holders, but we have the access to know and to cause transactions.

Try get someone in China for further businesses. I used to pay and receive money inland in China through someone whom I trust in Hangzhou. But I have direct access to an account in Shanghai now.

Yep, my partner was just saying we could get a friend to open an account and let us have the online access. However, there is really no one close enough for us to trust. I will call a few Chinese banks tomorrow. They are based in Frankfurt, which is about 1.5 hours drive away from my town. I hope if I open an account with one of them, I can transfer money to Chinese accounts at no charge. Let's see...

Denyce

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Money Laundry Act Dec 5, 2006

Denyce Seow wrote:

Yep, my partner was just saying we could get a friend to open an account and let us have the online access. However, there is really no one close enough for us to trust. I will call a few Chinese banks tomorrow. They are based in Frankfurt, which is about 1.5 hours drive away from my town. I hope if I open an account with one of them, I can transfer money to Chinese accounts at no charge. Let's see...

Denyce

I don't think the Chinese banks in Frankfurt can do that for you. Outland transactions are always charged with some fees. Even when they are Chinese banks in Germany, they have to abide to German Laws and usually, it is not allowed to let other people use your account in any country. It is legally prohibitted. But if the account of another you are using is just for inland transactions, i.d., receiving and paying inland, there won't be any problem. This is because of Money Laudry Act in Germany or somewhere else. I keep the money in Germany without taking them out. So, there isn't any problem for me in Germany.

The only way for you to solve China transaction problems is to have someone you trust in China.

[Edited at 2006-12-05 21:22]

clearwater
clearwater
China
English to Chinese
乐意效劳 Dec 5, 2006

@Denyce:
要是你放心,可以发邮件给我告知对方的帐号,我可以替你汇钱给她。
注:我既没有Paypal账户,也没有Moneybookers账户。不过附近的邮政部门倒是有Western Union业务可以办理的。实在不济,下次有机会见面,你给我也不迟^_^

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
About trust Dec 5, 2006

Denyce Seow wrote:

Denyce

It is no problem for me to trust other people. Before I had an account in China, I just sent some more money to the translators in China in advance, so that they can pay to other colleagues for me. That was why some colleagues in China received money from each other noticing that the payments were from me. I did ask a lot of people to do this for me, especially someone in Hangzhou. He had done transactions for me in China for about one and half a year, before I opened the account in Shanghai. And you wouldn't believe it, I haven't yet gotten to know him by now. Even when I was in Hangzhou, we just missed each other. He was out of town.

You see, I don't believe that anyone would cheat others just because of small money to ruin his/her reputation or career in our branch. So, just get some of the translators who cooperate with you and transfer some more money in advance and ask him/her/them to keep it for later transactions either as pay to themselves or to other colleagues. This is an easy solution, too.

Actually, I got the idea from a Singapore company owned by a Korean. The company used to wire transfer much more money to me in advance to pay Taiwanese translators they engaged. The relationship has been established by blind trust. And I like it this way. This practice has never disappointed me or the cooperating company in Singapore.

[Edited at 2006-12-06 01:08]

Angeline PhD
Angeline PhD  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
非常赞同! Dec 6, 2006

非常赞同这样互助方式,都可以将损失减小到最小,每月这样的程序至少都要走一次:p.虽然每次省下来的不多,但积沙成塔,时间长了就很可观.
最重要的还是建立了人与人之间的信任:),这一点上非常非常赞同Wenjer Leuschel.

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

It is no problem for me to trust other people. Before I had an account in China, I just sent some more money to the translators in China in advance, so that they can pay to other colleagues for me. That was why some colleagues in China received money from each other noticing that the payments were from me. I did ask a lot of people to do this for me, especially someone in Hangzhou. He had done transactions for me in China for about one and half a year, before I opened the account in Shanghai. And you wouldn't believe it, I haven't yet gotten to know him by now. Even when I was in Hangzhou, we just missed each other. He was out of town.

You see, I don't believe that anyone would cheat others just because of small money to ruin his/her reputation or career in our branch. So, just get some of the translators who cooperate with you and transfer some more money in advance and ask him/her/them to keep it for later transactions either as pay to themselves or to other colleagues. This is an easy solution, too.

Actually, I got the idea from a Singapore company owned by a Korean. The company used to wire transfer much more money to me in advance to pay Taiwanese translators they engaged. The relationship has been established by blind trust. And I like it this way. This practice has never disappointed me or the cooperating company in Singapore.

[Edited at 2006-12-06 01:08]

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Chinese to English
+ ...
Maybe I can help Dec 6, 2006

Hi Denyce

If you could tell me which mainland bank you are talking about, then maybe I can help.

No problem.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Weiwei, Dec 6, 2006

我有大陆账号、MB和PP,你可以选择最方便经济的方法办理,随时与我联系。大陆付款我是网上处理,所以很方便。最好不要用PP,PP会扣掉一部分,而MB则只收1%最多不超过0.50€。另外,欧盟国之间汇款与在德国境内汇款费用应该一致:3.50€。

[Edited at 2006-12-06 10:35]

Denyce Seow
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all of you!! Dec 6, 2006

Thanks, thanks, thanks!! I am so glad many of you here are willing to help. I am already in contact with Wenjer about this, but I still appreciate all the offers. Touched...

If there is anything I can do for anyone of you, please feel free to let me know.

Denyce

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
文哲﹕ Dec 6, 2006

你在香港行匯款的費率是多少﹖可能比大陸銀行間匯款費率略高一點﹐當然這麼小的款項無所謂了。

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
以相对服务销账 Dec 6, 2006

chance wrote:

你在香港行匯款的費率是多少﹖可能比大陸銀行間匯款費率略高一點﹐當然這麼小的款項無所謂了。

汇丰银行有个优惠办法,定存某个金额,手续费全免,所以我并没有付出汇款的费用。如果是外汇收入,则会以比较不利的汇率计算,所以我全都改以人民币进行进出帐。反正线上立即看得见当下的汇率,也可以自动转换成人民币,所以付款给同仁无差。

(后头这一段“以相对服务销账”的操作,技术性较高,所以删除。)

[Edited at 2006-12-06 17:44]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
文哲: Dec 6, 2006

刚才查了汇丰的汇率:欧元 /人民币 买入10.3727 卖出10.4561
与网上银行操作实际现汇买人民币结算价格还是有区别的。

如果你方便,到网上银行看一下是多少?如果不方便就算了,我只是想了解一点儿情况。

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

请在中国的同事帮忙

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »