Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Off topic: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Thread poster: Wilman
chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
建军: Dec 23, 2006

正想提醒长年累月奋力工作的诸位同僚要注意适当休息,其中我就想到你是最忙者之一,你倒先来了个现身说法!

我这里也是这样,项目经理非常通情达理,和他作的这个长期项目,我几乎没有一稿是按时交稿的,因为我总想把一些短期稿处理完再来安心做长期项目,而实际上短期稿不断,每次交稿时我都主动道歉,他却总说没问题!所以我决定在圣诞过后到元旦这几天适当工作,把拖下来的稿子赶出一部分。我和合作者也是这样,节假日一定是按他们的愿望决定交稿时间。

法国人爱说:工作是为了生活,不是生活为了工作。我看很有道理。也希望诸位在工作局面基本打开和稳定的情况下,及时调节工作频率,注意休息和娱乐,更别忘了还有天伦之乐

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone Dec 23, 2006

祝每一位兄弟姐妹圣诞愉快、新年快乐,新的一年里阖家平安吉祥。

tiandaijun
tiandaijun
China
Local time: 10:25
English to Chinese
Make a Wish for you all Dec 23, 2006

Hi ,Respectful you all

Here is a young greenhorn in the field of trans./interp., saying Merry Christmas, which only one day is left.

Of course, Happy New Year to you. As for our Traditional Chinese Spring Festival (English version is right?), i will make another wish for you all.

2007 is a special year for me, because i have decided to shift to translation and interpretation (Before this , i am working in the fields education and agriculture) starting from
... See more
Hi ,Respectful you all

Here is a young greenhorn in the field of trans./interp., saying Merry Christmas, which only one day is left.

Of course, Happy New Year to you. As for our Traditional Chinese Spring Festival (English version is right?), i will make another wish for you all.

2007 is a special year for me, because i have decided to shift to translation and interpretation (Before this , i am working in the fields education and agriculture) starting from the coming new year.

Here, i would like to beg you any kind of advice based on your challengable personal experiences .

I can say that , my English language , to some degree, is learnt by myself. I come from a poor rural villege , Badong, Enshi, Hubei, China (P.R.). When i was in my university is majoy has nothing to do with English. Now, i am working at Addis Ababa (Capital of Ethiopia, an east African country). Any friend come here, please informe , i will do my best to guide you or any concerning help. 00251-917-009 is my cellphone here.

Last , i will thank the beginner of this room and the orginazer for my post here.
Collapse

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
I am telling you! Dec 23, 2006

chance wrote:
幾天不見David﹐他真去追兔子了﹖
pkchan wrote:
...你呢?生命到如今,有多少真實的平安、穩妥?你知道誰能給你「真平安」嗎?其實「恩典的季節」不分時令,因為每一處都蘊含祝福的契機。

pk还说我猎人打扮,结果一只都没逮着。这些兔子天资聪颖,比自以为属灵长类的猴子机灵多了!月没捞着,没掉进水里已经够便宜他了。又比不得恒河猴,北美现在寒冬腊月的,这几天连加州都冷得很。

这帖发出,咱们上旧金山城里会老傅去了。

祝愿各位圣诞节和新年快快乐乐!

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:25
Chinese to English
+ ...
powwow Dec 23, 2006

David Shen wrote:

这帖发出,咱们上旧金山城里会老傅去了。

祝愿各位圣诞节和新年快快乐乐!

David,

It just happens that I'm meeting Yueyin in 20 minutes at a restaurant too.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here.

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
My Tea Toast to the World's Smallest POWWOW! Dec 23, 2006

wherestip wrote:

David,

It just happens that I'm meeting Yueyin in 20 minutes at a restaurant too.

Steve,

That's great to know. Are you two far apart? Drive carefully. Be sure to have an extra toast of tea for me. The translators in Oregon seem to be bashful, and I have not found one to meet yet.

My tea toast to your world's smallest POWWOW!

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-12-23 18:21]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
the 2-man powwow Dec 23, 2006

TongliUSA wrote:

Steve,

That's great to know. Are you two far apart? Drive carefully. Be sure to have an extra toast of tea for me. The translators in Oregon seem to be bashful, and I have not found one to meet yet.

My tea toast to your world's smallest POWWOW!

Kevin

Thanks a lot, Kevin.

I just got back from having a very pleasant lunch with Yueyin. Yueyin's a super guy. Among many things we talked about, he filled me in on a lot of stuff that happened in China in the '80s.

I had a digital camera in my car trunk, but didn't go get it because I felt funny bothering the waiters. Then it was drizzling when we got out of the restaurant; so we didn't get to utilize the tripod I had ready either. Suffice it to say we both thought each other looked good and healthy.

It only took me 15 minutes to get to the restaurant. My estimate it took Yueyin 40 minutes or so. For him it was mostly highway miles though.

The get together was very interesting and fun. We'll do it again when time permits. If there are others in the Austin area that would like to join us the next time, please let us know.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
一见如故 Dec 23, 2006

Although it was the first time for Steve and me to meet each other in person, I recognized him immediately at the gate of the restaurant. It was really very pleasant to talk with Steve. Both of us lived in Beijing for quite a long time before we left China. We talked about a lot of things that happened in Beijing and China in the past as if we were old friends talking about something that happened just yesterday. Of course, we also talked about what happened at ProZ.com and on the Chinese fo... See more
Although it was the first time for Steve and me to meet each other in person, I recognized him immediately at the gate of the restaurant. It was really very pleasant to talk with Steve. Both of us lived in Beijing for quite a long time before we left China. We talked about a lot of things that happened in Beijing and China in the past as if we were old friends talking about something that happened just yesterday. Of course, we also talked about what happened at ProZ.com and on the Chinese forum. It was really a great fun!

I do hope to meet more and more friends in future. Kevin, when you get a chance to come here, just give me a call.

I wish every body here a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Collapse

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:25
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
咱们上旧金山城里会老傅去了 Dec 24, 2006

David Shen wrote:

chance wrote:
幾天不見David﹐他真去追兔子了﹖
pkchan wrote:
...你呢?生命到如今,有多少真實的平安、穩妥?你知道誰能給你「真平安」嗎?其實「恩典的季節」不分時令,因為每一處都蘊含祝福的契機。

pk还说我猎人打扮,结果一只都没逮着。这些兔子天资聪颖,比自以为属灵长类的猴子机灵多了!月没捞着,没掉进水里已经够便宜他了。又比不得恒河猴,北美现在寒冬腊月的,这几天连加州都冷得很。

这帖发出,咱们上旧金山城里会老傅去了。

祝愿各位圣诞节和新年快快乐乐!

DAVID没逮着这些天资聪颖的兔子,這灵猴卻被他們逮着去旧金山城里会老傅。加州很冷,但波士頓卻在下雨,像春天一樣,氣溫在華氏40-50度,寒衣滯銷,無雪可滑,白色聖誕只是夢想。在這「恩典的季節」,遙寄上平安的祝福,快乐的祝愿。

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4430902754197897751&q=white%20christmas&hl=en

[Edited at 2006-12-24 03:37]

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Chinese to English
+ ...
Hi there Dec 24, 2006

Looks like Santa is busier every single year, and picking up new languages at an amazing rate without the help of any linguist.

Nowadays, the round-nosed, big-bellied (clearly over-weighted), red-coated (temperature is not problem), bag-carrying, elusive, caring, forever old, forever grinning Caucasian is speaking English, German, French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Shanghainese ... oh, you name i
... See more
Looks like Santa is busier every single year, and picking up new languages at an amazing rate without the help of any linguist.

Nowadays, the round-nosed, big-bellied (clearly over-weighted), red-coated (temperature is not problem), bag-carrying, elusive, caring, forever old, forever grinning Caucasian is speaking English, German, French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Shanghainese ... oh, you name it.

Merry X'mas and a happy new year to all of you folks!
Collapse

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
In China, Feeling Snowed Under by Christmas Dec 24, 2006

Mark Xiang wrote:

北大清华等高校十位博士联名抵制圣诞节(图)
http://learning.sohu.com/20061221/n247181212.shtml

Mark

你這個新聞已經上華盛頓郵報了。

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/22/AR2006122201445.html

外國人對這件事的報導,讀起來很有趣。

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus Dec 24, 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-F8Vs12ICk&mode=related&search=

(Michael Jackson of the Jackson Five) *** Chance, you'll love this Michael Jackson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
... See more

(Michael Jackson of the Jackson Five) *** Chance, you'll love this Michael Jackson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8g6gFx-2pA

(John Mellencamp)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1yyaSPWx3o

(Jessica Simpson) *** Warning: gag me with a spoon Merry Christmas!

http://washingtonmo.com/christmas/lyric/1031.htm

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus
Underneath the mistletoe last night.
She didn't see me creep
Down the stairs to have a peep;
She thought that I was tucked up
In my bedroom fast asleep.

Then, I saw Mommy tickle Santa Claus
Underneath his beard so snowy white;
Oh, what a laugh it would have been
If Daddy had only seen
Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night.

p. s. Jessica Simpson's rendition was still pretty good. You just need a stronger stomach is all

[Edited at 2006-12-24 18:47]
Collapse

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
祝愿各位圣诞节和新年快乐! Dec 24, 2006

wherestip wrote:

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Camera Dec 25, 2006

David,

What nice pictures you take. I know it's more than just the equipment, but would you mind sharing what kind of camera you used?

p. s. Betty's shot of the Magic Kingdom's Cinderella Castle is wonderful too.

[Edited at 2006-12-25 16:24]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Steve, Dec 25, 2006

我看过他10岁时的表演,当时健康活泼可爱,可惜他用大笔资金把自己毁成现在这个样子。早年成功、巨大财富以及众多的fans都未能弥补他所缺少的亲情友爱,不用心理学家也能看出他的心理失衡,他是一个孤独的人。也许Neverland能让他躲过这个可怕的成人世界,给他一丝快乐?

wherestip wrote:

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »