A Singapore Co. any problems? English to Chinese translation
Thread poster: Yuting Xiao

Yuting Xiao  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:56
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 2, 2007

Does anyone have similar experience with a Singapore Co.? I don't want to reveal the name of the company just in case it is a misunderstanding.
I have already worked two assignments for this company. They paid me full payment on the same day of delivery for the first one which I really appreciated. And I also completed the second one they assigned to me last friday. We agreed that I would get the payment on the day of my delivery of second file as well. On last friday, in the same email I attached the translated file which was sent to them, I requested the PM to advise me with the payment date. In her replied email, she only said "Thanks for the file". Nothing about the payment. I waited til today (Monday) and sent the PM another email to find out when will I get the payment. But things came back very odd. My email returned "Delivery Status Notification (failure)". I tried it twice, returned the same failure messages twice. I got a bit worried then immediately sent an email to the person who posted the job on Translatorscafe who is also member of staff in the company. And anything has come back yet.....
Anyone has experienced similar things before? What do you think it would happen. I understand there is a 7 hours time difference between UK and Singapore so so as the working hours but the delivery failure really got me worried.

Thanks if anyone can give some advise.

Direct link Reply with quote

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:56
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Call them at business hours... Apr 3, 2007

good luck!

Bill Mak  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
E-mail Apr 3, 2007

Try to find another e-mail. That would be my advice.

By the way, rachel_xiao. I just chcecked your profile and I found that we were studied the same university. Greeting, mate.

Bill Mak

Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
"Delivery Status Notification (failure)" is usually Apr 3, 2007

"Delivery Status Notification (failure)" is usually related to email system malfunction. I believe it helps to try another email box of the company.

Good luck.

Yuting Xiao  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:56
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Received a reply from the PM Apr 3, 2007

I finally received an email from the PM. Apparently she was experiencing some mail box problems and unable to receive any incoming email .... anyway, thanks a lot for all the kindest advices ....:)

Bill: mate, nice to meet you here. I've left Bath since 2002 and been missing the nice little town since. hope you enjoy your life there

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Singapore Co. any problems? English to Chinese translation

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs