Off topic: Need some information about the cyber cafes in China.
Thread poster: isahuang
isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 22:57
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 14, 2007

A friend's friend is doing a paper on cyber cafe in China. Yet, he has never been to China and would like to talk to someone (preferably in China) to get some ideas. If you are interested, please contact me, and I will put you into contact with him directly. my email: [email protected] or if you have any thoughts, you can put it here under this topic. But I would like to ask you to write in English here if possible. I might just direct my friend's ... See more
A friend's friend is doing a paper on cyber cafe in China. Yet, he has never been to China and would like to talk to someone (preferably in China) to get some ideas. If you are interested, please contact me, and I will put you into contact with him directly. my email: [email protected] or if you have any thoughts, you can put it here under this topic. But I would like to ask you to write in English here if possible. I might just direct my friend's friend to this discussion. He doesn't read Chinese.

[标题已经过网站人员或版主的修改 2007-04-14 16:37]

[Edited at 2007-04-14 18:20]

[Edited at 2007-04-14 18:22]
Collapse

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:57
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
少量样本无法得出正确结论 Apr 14, 2007

各地的网吧管理规定是不一样的。同一个城市的不同网吧也是不一样的。少量样本得出的结果肯定容易产生问题。

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
不是survey Apr 14, 2007

lbone wrote:

各地的网吧管理规定是不一样的。同一个城市的不同网吧也是不一样的。少量样本得出的结果肯定容易产生问题。

不好意思,我的标题有点误导。我看过他的问题,都是一些还基本的问题,并不牵扯网吧管理规定,主要是想了解一些中国网吧的基本常识性的问题。我应该让moderator 修改一下题目,他不是要做survey,是为写他的paper用的。再详细的情况就得跟他本人了解了。

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
规定不一样,结果就不一样 Apr 14, 2007

网吧就象商店,各个店由不同人经营,结果就各有不同。

北京上网吧必须要有身份证,现在改网吧专用ID卡了,也要有身份证才能办。

所以18岁以下的孩子不能进。“反动”分子想进也不容易。

禁用导入/导出数据的设备,比如软驱、光驱、USB等,估计也有政治因素。

但没多远的天津好象就无此要求。那就会有很多小孩子去。年龄不一样,很多事就不一样了。

网吧里大部分人都在玩游戏,也有干正经事的,极少。还有看盗版电影、听歌、看盗版电子书、网上交友的。这些是最常见的。

离学府近的网吧经常有学生。

还有些管理不严的网吧带色的。

有小网吧,十几人几十人的,有大网吧,上千台电脑的,有网吧兼卖东西的,一般网吧也就普通上网和会员上网,但有的网吧能分五六档,最高档是真皮双人沙发,灰常灰常高的配置、灰常灰常大的液晶显示器。。。

[Edited at 2007-04-14 15:53]

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is exactly what he needs. Apr 14, 2007

lbone wrote:

网吧就象商店,各个店由不同人经营,结果就各有不同。

北京上网吧必须要有身份证,现在改网吧专用ID卡了,也要有身份证才能办。

所以18岁以下的孩子不能进。“反动”分子想进也不容易。

禁用导入/导出数据的设备,比如软驱、光驱、USB等,估计也有政治因素。

但没多远的天津好象就无此要求。那就会有很多小孩子去。年龄不一样,很多事就不一样了。

网吧里大部分人都在玩游戏,也有干正经事的,极少。还有看盗版电影、听歌、看盗版电子书、网上交友的。这些是最常见的。

离学府近的网吧经常有学生。

还有些管理不严的网吧带色的。

有小网吧,十几人几十人的,有大网吧,上千台电脑的,有网吧兼卖东西的,一般网吧也就普通上网和会员上网,但有的网吧能分五六档,最高档是真皮双人沙发,灰常灰常高的配置、灰常灰常大的液晶显示器。。。

[Edited at 2007-04-14 15:53]

Ibone, do you mind talking to him directly? this is exactly what he wants to know. or I can send you his list of questions.

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
This is almost all I can tell Apr 14, 2007

I do not want to answer a big survey because I do not have that much time to make a formal summary on it, and what I said is almost all I can tell.

I only go to Internet cafes to watch films from time to time, but there are Internet cafe animals. An Internet cafe is place for fun for most people haunting it frequently; it may also be a window for many young people to a new world out of their own tiny worlds, a connection to many other young or not very young friends on the net, and
... See more
I do not want to answer a big survey because I do not have that much time to make a formal summary on it, and what I said is almost all I can tell.

I only go to Internet cafes to watch films from time to time, but there are Internet cafe animals. An Internet cafe is place for fun for most people haunting it frequently; it may also be a window for many young people to a new world out of their own tiny worlds, a connection to many other young or not very young friends on the net, and a place for friends to meet (to fight in a game as a team or do anything comfortable). It's a cozy place without custody for young people.

It's also a place for travelers to get online.

The cafes in different eyes are quite different, and I have little idea about those in the countryside or small towns.

One or several samples on this topic can make something fun, but not a serious report.

[Edited at 2007-04-14 19:53]
Collapse

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Apr 14, 2007

lbone wrote:

I only go to Internet caves to watch films from time to time, but there are Internet cafe animals. An Internet cafe is place for fun for most people haunting it frequently; it may also be a window for many young people to a new world out of their own tiny worlds, a connection to many other young or not very young friends on the net, and a place for friends to meet (to fight in a game as a team or do anything comfortable). It's a cozy place without custody for young people.

It's also a place for travelers to get online.

The caves in different eyes are quite different, and I have little idea about those in the countryside or small towns.

One or several samples on this topic can make something fun, but not a serious report.

[Edited at 2007-04-14 18:06]

Ibone, I appreciate your input here. Its really good. Actually the list of questions only has 13 easy, open-ended questions. Its not lengthy at all. But what you wrote here is really very helpful. Thank you.

Shang
Shang
China
English to Chinese
两个词 Apr 14, 2007

大陆的网吧可用两个词概括:游戏+闲聊。相当一部分主顾是学生,所以名声不好,在大多数人的心目中比声色场所好不到哪儿去。

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
停电 Apr 15, 2007

尤其夏天,适逢用电高峰期,供电系统实施错峰用电之时,它就发挥作用,它从来不受停电之困,一小时收费2元还是3元都可以接受。在游戏的轰隆喧嚣以外的区域,有一大片宁静的空间,电脑任君选择,免受干扰之余也有一些做正经事的人与你相伴。

[Edited at 2007-04-15 12:36]

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
可惜的功能缺失 Apr 15, 2007

网吧本应能为没有电脑或上网不方便的人使用电脑或上网操作这类正经要求提供很大的便利。这种社会需求本来是巨大的。

但为了和谐,至少在北京的网吧,所有数据导入导出都被明令禁止。这也使白领、学生和其他人士使用网吧临时办公、学习、上网查找、发送数据的要求不易实现。而其它不太可能影响到和谐大环境的因素,管理单位基本是睁一只眼,闭一只眼。应该说,网吧现在的坏名声,也是有大环境背景因素的。

[Edited at 2007-04-16 03:17]

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you all Apr 15, 2007

Tingting Huang wrote:

A friend's friend is doing a paper on cyber cafe in China. Yet, he has never been to China and would like to talk to someone (preferably in China) to get some ideas. If you are interested, please contact me, and I will put you into contact with him directly. my email: [email protected] or if you have any thoughts, you can put it here under this topic. But I would like to ask you to write in English here if possible. I might just direct my friend's friend to this discussion. He doesn't read Chinese.

[标题已经过网站人员或版主的修改 2007-04-14 16:37]

[Edited at 2007-04-14 18:20]

[Edited at 2007-04-14 18:22]

Thank you all for your inputs here. One more thing, Would you please write in English if possible? It would be great if my friend's friend can read the postings here in English.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need some information about the cyber cafes in China.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »