Chinese Input in IE7.0
Thread poster: Denyce Seow

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 12:37
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Apr 19, 2007

I just bought a new laptop this week, and it has Windows Vista and IE7.0. It is really frustrating with all the hardware and software incompatibility problems! My biggest headache now is with the Chinese character input software. My Nanjing Star does not work with IE7.0. What should I do now?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
Weiwei, Apr 19, 2007

你应该至少坚持一年,等Vista在市场上使用改进后才买啊!现在没其它办法,直接给Bill打电话吧

应该不是IE7.0.问题,NJ Star能在Word里输入字体吗?如果可以,就不是NJ Star不匹配的问题。也可以查查Vista的Help里关于中文输入软件的问题,微软中文输入应该也包括在里边,或者应该可以到他们的网站上下载。

最好是我们这里有人已经使用Vista,才能给你直接建议。

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Works fine in WORD Apr 19, 2007

NJ Star works fine in MSWord, but refuses to type in IE. I did try the Microsoft website but I got lost... I hope someone here can help me.

Yep, I definitely regret getting Vista!!!

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
我想起来了 Apr 19, 2007

我使用Spyware时,它也阻止我用NJStar, 因为Spyware怀疑除了直接键盘输入以外的所有输入软件为偷窃密码软件。你是否有类似Spyware软件,如是,暂时关闭,重新起动IE7再试试。

在问题没有解决前,先在word里打字后再贴到IE里。

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I found the solution!! Apr 19, 2007

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/archives/2007/04/download-google-chinese-pinyin-input-method/

I had to install this Google Chinese pinyin programme and Firefox. I don't know if this pinyin programme works with IE too, but I DON'T CARE! I don't need any more frustration!

One problem solved, but I bet more will be on the way. Gawd! :<

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:37
Chinese to English
+ ...
FWIW Apr 19, 2007

http://www.proz.com/post/458703#458703

Weiwei,

One thing I could think of is some configurations for IE 7.0 need to be set correctly. I ran into some problems when I first downloaded it.

Please reference the posts in the above link where we briefly talked about IE 7.0 when it 1st became available. You might want to see if changing some settings makes a difference. You could also try to contact the technical help at Nanjing Star and ask them how IE 7.0 needs to be configured to work with their application.

BTW, I'm back to using IE 6.0 after restoring my system a little while ago. If worse comes to worst, you could also consider going back to IE 6.0

[Edited at 2007-04-19 13:46]

United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Never mind Apr 19, 2007

Denyce Seow wrote:

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/archives/2007/04/download-google-chinese-pinyin-input-method/

I had to install this Google Chinese pinyin programme and Firefox. I don't know if this pinyin programme works with IE too, but I DON'T CARE! I don't need any more frustration!

One problem solved, but I bet more will be on the way. Gawd! :<

Oh, good. Forget what I said.

Good luck.

United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Firefox Apr 19, 2007

Yes, using Firefox is equivalent to going back to IE 6.0 BTW

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Firefox Apr 19, 2007

Actually, I prefer Firefox. I like that little pop-up box that comes up when you download a file. Firefox has a tidier interface too.

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
薇薇, Apr 19, 2007

刚才试了一下Google拼音输入,立即让我想起为何始终钟情NJStar,因为这些输入软件都强迫将键盘变成美式,你用的是美式键盘吧?所以没有这个问题。如果以后你使用德式键盘,就会知道NJStar的优点所在,而且它的输入栏也漂亮些

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
German keyboard Apr 19, 2007

I am using the German keyboard. With Google Pinyin, I can only toggle between English keyboard and Chinese keyboard using Shift-Space. I have to change to German keyboard by choosing the option manually. It is troublesome.

Here comes the next problem: my Yahoo Messenger refuses to log in. I don't know what happened because there is no error message. Could it be caused by the firewall??

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
有可能是你的防火牆﹐暫時關閉看看 Apr 19, 2007

在此之前﹐先試試刪除所有瀏覽器里的文件和Cookies.

關於鍵盤﹐我的法文鍵盤有幾個鍵與英語鍵盤排列不同﹐如果用Google或其它輸入﹐我打Q鍵﹐出A字﹐打Z出W﹐這類問題﹐所以拼音也不對﹐要不然我也可以靠記憶來打這些鍵位﹐但是就慢多了。

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Firewall Apr 19, 2007

Chance, I deleted the files and cookies in the browser, but the problem is still there. There are some online discussions regarding this problem, and it seems that firewall is the culprit here. I am using Norton Internet Security (90 trial) and Windows firewall at the same time. Could there be a clash? Is it enough to have only Windows firewall? I used to depend on Zone Alarm, but now it does not support Vista.

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
光Windows firewall 不够 Apr 19, 2007

你暂时关闭Norton试试,如果关闭Norton能通过,就肯定是它的问题,但是应该也可以设置的。我10年前用过很短时间的Norton,以后再没用过,我不太喜欢它。你可以在Norton设置里找找看它block哪些软件就可以知道了。也许我们这里有人使用Norton可以具体告诉你如何设置。如果实在没人,我就下载安装后看了再告诉你。

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
Weiwei, Apr 19, 2007

我也试安装了norton,你把Norton Protection Center打开,点击标签Norton Internet Sécurity > Settings > Email & Messenging > Instant Messaging scanning > OFF, 然后再起动Yahoo Messenger应该可以了。见下图。

等你有时间,可以点击Settings里的各种功能看看,这样再有问题就可以从那里调整解决了。

我得把Norton去掉,有它上网太慢。

Bon courage

http://francechinexpress.online.fr/images/norton.gif

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese Input in IE7.0

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs