Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24]
Off topic: 从我们的摄影镜头里看中国(Seeing China through our camera lenses)
Thread poster: Kevin Yang
pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:32
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
2009新年快樂 Dec 25, 2008

大衛傳來的祝願。

7張空椅子,有请各位就座。

[Edited at 2008-12-25 17:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2008-12-25 17:25 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:32
English to Chinese
+ ...
从老外的摄影镜头看中国 Oct 5, 2009

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/10/china_celebrates_60_years.html

再看看这位 yankee 的评论:

Whether you are American or Chinese (or whereever you happen to come from), I sincerely hope those of us with at least half a notion of intelligence or civility can see beyond the ignorance, hypocracy, and blind hatred foun
... See more
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/10/china_celebrates_60_years.html

再看看这位 yankee 的评论:

Whether you are American or Chinese (or whereever you happen to come from), I sincerely hope those of us with at least half a notion of intelligence or civility can see beyond the ignorance, hypocracy, and blind hatred found in some of these posts. PLEASE, my fellow human beings, for the sake of sanity, let us not be blinded by hatred and cheap emotions.

To the Chinese people who happen across this great website, welcome! And congrats on your recent National Day! I'm a typical "proud" American who loves his country as you love yours. Yes, we have many differences between our two countries, this is true. But as ordinary people we also have much in common. I know this because I have lived in China for about 5 years. China is a wonderful country, home to some of the best people I have ever met in my life. I admire your culture and rich history. I have enjoyed learning your beautiful language. I hope both our nations can continue to grow and prosper, and hopefully come to a greater, more meaninful understanding of each other. I hope your nation continues to develop peacefully, stand on its feet and take its rightful place in the world community. Your nation's display of arms does not frighten me, nor should it frighten anyone. Every soveriegn nation holds the right to self defense. Especially a strong, peace loving nation like China.

Lastly, to all those blinded by hatred and fear, be they on both sides of the Pacific... open your minds. Think outside the box. Turn off your televisions. Read books. Challenge your preconcieved notions and assumptions. Talk to real people. Be respectful. Be honest. The results can be amaizing, and even life changing. To my fellow Americans, visit China if have the chance. Learn Chinese. China is not perfect, but you will not regret it. To our Chinese friends, welcome to America if you have the chance. America is a beautiful country, with plenty of good people who appreciate family, friendship, progress, and peace. America is not perfect, but you will not regret it.

PEACE!

Posted by yankeeinchina October 4, 09 04:46 PM
Collapse

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
国庆 Oct 5, 2009

Yueyin,

Thanks a lot for the great link ... what a set of photos!

Couple of days ago David Letterman cracked the joke that these days we mark the celebration of China's National Day because of the huge debt we owe in treasury bonds. I was wondering how so.

Now I get it - the Empire State Building in Manhattan was totally lit up.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
David Letterman Oct 8, 2009

wherestip wrote:

Couple of days ago David Letterman cracked the joke that these days we mark the celebration of China's National Day because of the huge debt we owe in treasury bonds. I was wondering how so.

Steve,

David Letterman almost lost $2 million recently.

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Being blackmailed Oct 8, 2009

ysun wrote:

Steve,

David Letterman almost lost $2 million recently.

Oh Yes. He's been in the limelight a lot lately. What a mess that was.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

从我们的摄影镜头里看中国(Seeing China through our camera lenses)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »