https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/75438-kudoz_term_translation_questions%E9%83%A8%E5%88%86entries%E4%B8%8D%E6%98%BE%E7%A4%BA.html

KudoZ term translation questions部分entries不显示
Thread poster: Shang
Shang
Shang
China
Local time: 05:44
English to Chinese
Jun 14, 2007

最近发现KudoZ term translation questions中的部分entries不显示,无论是刷新屏幕还是重新打开网页均无用,删除cookies也无济于事。不知道什么原因引起的,纳闷。

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
被删了 Jun 14, 2007

今天我碰到一个。我回答的,没多久被删了。原因是问题超过10个词,违反了本站相关规定。

我记得那个问题你做了一个comment,是那个关于currently shipping technologies的问题。

[Edited at 2007-06-14 05:49]

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
人名记错了 Jun 14, 2007

发comment的人是 Tony Lai。

再访问那条记录时,显示:

This question has been removed.
Question removed by: {Moderator of this pair}
Reason: Text to be translated is longer than ten words

More information:

- Guideline for Removing KudoZ Questions (Updated Aug 2004)
- KudoZ Rules

If after reviewing the above, you believe this question has been removed inappropriately, please contact a site moderator.

Kevin Zhang
Kevin Zhang  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
是我的问题 Jun 14, 2007

可能是有这个原因吧

我觉得很对不住lbone,白费了您的劳动

希望以后有机会补偿

无论如何,再次向您表示感谢

另外,对于删我的问题我没什么大意见,但我就是觉得斑竹的尺度不统一

要是我的问题该删,那么前几天的一个更严重的问题还好好的挂在那,请问斑竹做何解释?

Kevin Zhang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
算了,不想招惹是非 Jun 14, 2007

不提删帖的事儿了

主要是谢谢lbone,您的解释让我受益菲浅

希望以后能多多切磋,多多向您学习

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:44
English to Chinese
+ ...
Regarding Rules Jun 14, 2007

Dear Zhendong and All,

First, thanks for sharing your experience with KudoZ. However, I'd like to say that it is not appropriate to discuss how moderator(s) handle a KudoZ question in the forum. If you are not satisfied with a moderator's way of dealing with certain questions or do not understand why questions were removed, please:

1. Send an email directly to the moderator in question, or
2. Submit a support ticket to the ProZ staff for help.

As mode
... See more
Dear Zhendong and All,

First, thanks for sharing your experience with KudoZ. However, I'd like to say that it is not appropriate to discuss how moderator(s) handle a KudoZ question in the forum. If you are not satisfied with a moderator's way of dealing with certain questions or do not understand why questions were removed, please:

1. Send an email directly to the moderator in question, or
2. Submit a support ticket to the ProZ staff for help.

As moderators, we are trying to balance the rules with user experience. However, as far as present question is concerned (I noticed that you posted the same full-length sentence question twice in both En->Cn and Cn->En KudoZ sub-communities and, in both cases, it was squashed, although for different reasons), I failed to spot any inconsistency of moderation as you claimed and I didn't know which "question that violates the rule more seriously" is still there.

If you don't mind, I'd like to know which question you are referring to. Please contact me via the link at the bottom of the corresponding question.

In addtion, there's no such thing as calling for troubles because you are not satisfied with a moderator's decision. ProZ and its moderators respect your opinion and there is always space for healthy and constructive feedback through appropriate channels.

Thank you!
Jianjun
Moderator KudoZ

Zhendong Zhang wrote:

可能是有这个原因吧

我觉得很对不住lbone,白费了您的劳动

希望以后有机会补偿

无论如何,再次向您表示感谢

另外,对于删我的问题我没什么大意见,但我就是觉得斑竹的尺度不统一

要是我的问题该删,那么前几天的一个更严重的问题还好好的挂在那,请问斑竹做何解释?

Collapse

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
不客气 Jun 14, 2007

Zhendong Zhang,不用客气。这也不过是相互交流。付出什么是否得到什么的,其实很难说清楚,答题本来就是我自愿做的,明白人都知道,也谈不上有多高尚。我们的生活中充满了各种几率波动,对此早已习惯。这也不过是无数波动中很小的一个。

版主根据版规采取行动无可非议。能这么快采取行动,说明版主一直在紧密注意这个版,也非常辛苦。相对于辛苦的管理者,我们这些不用承担责任的普通用户,都是受益者。

[Edited at 2007-06-14 12:50]

Jianjun Zhang
United Kingdom
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks for your understanding... Jun 14, 2007

I believe all moderators are working hard for the benefit of ProZ and its users, although they may differ in ways in dealing with situations. As the French will say, "Chacun a son goût."

However, 'To err is human', wrong decisions may be made unintentionally from time to time by moderators or even staff. In such cases, I trust problems can be solved through open communication, rather than confrontation, as we are coll
... See more
I believe all moderators are working hard for the benefit of ProZ and its users, although they may differ in ways in dealing with situations. As the French will say, "Chacun a son goût."

However, 'To err is human', wrong decisions may be made unintentionally from time to time by moderators or even staff. In such cases, I trust problems can be solved through open communication, rather than confrontation, as we are colleagues.

Some peers don't understand why sometimes a question was squashed immediately, while the other several hours later.

Actually, it is because the moderator job is not a full-time position and, as a translator him/herself, he/she might have other things to do and might not be online all the time. Other reasons could be time zone differences or different working habits (I get up at 3 while sleep at 10.)

A moderator's decision should not be based on personal feelings, although some users may feel so. But, please remember that ProZ is an open place and it is under public/staff scrutiny all the time. Should you find any wrong decisions, please try to communicate with the moderator first.

Enjoy ProZing and KudoZing!
Jianjun
Moderator, ProZ

lbone wrote:
版主根据版规采取行动无可非议。能这么快采取行动,说明版主一直在紧密注意这个版,也非常辛苦。相对于辛苦的管理者,我们这些不用承担责任的普通用户,都是受益者。

[Edited at 2007-06-14 12:50]

[Edited at 2007-06-14 13:26]
Collapse

Kevin Zhang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Fine Jun 14, 2007

Firstly, my question is not to ask someone to translate 10+ words for me. The focus is how to understand the word "shipping". The 1st deletion is appropriate because i have made a basic mistake that i put an e-c question to a c-e board. for the 2nd post, i have tried to adhere to the rules, and there was a good discussing atmosphere in the thread. However, the thread still got deleted. But Fine. I will be much more careful when asking questions in future.

Secondly, i have no compla
... See more
Firstly, my question is not to ask someone to translate 10+ words for me. The focus is how to understand the word "shipping". The 1st deletion is appropriate because i have made a basic mistake that i put an e-c question to a c-e board. for the 2nd post, i have tried to adhere to the rules, and there was a good discussing atmosphere in the thread. However, the thread still got deleted. But Fine. I will be much more careful when asking questions in future.

Secondly, i have no complaint for your deletion, so i haven't submitted the what so-called "support ticket". However, as a moderator, u have to take actions based on a uniform standard. For what i said, let me give u some examples. (I have to say sorry to the posters. )

Now I have given three obvious ones.
If u want more, I can find more. So, what would u say?

Thirdly, believe me i won't talk abt such an issue any more in the forum.
Collapse

Jianjun Zhang
United Kingdom
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dear Zhendong, Jun 14, 2007

First, let me clarify the situation. The request of your questions recently squashed were "one sentence" and "please help to look at a sentence" in Chinese. And the actual questions you asked were more than one, one of which was even not in the sentence you asked.

The reasons for squashing your question in both En->Cn and Cn->En KudoZ communities are respectively: "Text to be translated is longer than ten words" and "Includes more than one term question".

This being sa
... See more
First, let me clarify the situation. The request of your questions recently squashed were "one sentence" and "please help to look at a sentence" in Chinese. And the actual questions you asked were more than one, one of which was even not in the sentence you asked.

The reasons for squashing your question in both En->Cn and Cn->En KudoZ communities are respectively: "Text to be translated is longer than ten words" and "Includes more than one term question".

This being said, I'd like to thank you for pointing out the three questions you think seriously violates the rules. I spent sometime to dig in and have to say you are a great investigator.

Two of them were old ones as far as last fall and winter. They have more than ten words each, but I think I must have missed them at the time.

Sometimes, when too many questions are asked, one page is not enough to display them all. When I have time to look at the list of questions, they could be already answered and pushed into the next page, which I probably sometimes missed.

That's why there's a function for users to notify the moderator (but not after many months of course) something might be wrong , so he/she could take action quickly.

The most recent question you reported asked two terms. It is against the rule. But again, I might have missed it unintentionally. And again, users are expected to raise the issue through the link at the bottom when they see something wrong, but not one or two weeks later.

As I said in previous posts, moderators are simply translators as you are. They have business to do and sometimes overworked. And they do make mistakes.

So when something NOT right happens at KudoZ, and when moderators are not there, just call their attention to the issue.
However, some old examples of violation can not be regarded as sure proof of biased moderation, as doing so would be too subjective.

Enjoy using KudoZ!
Jianjun
Moderator, ProZ
Collapse

Shang
Shang
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
原来如此 Jun 18, 2007

lbone wrote:

今天我碰到一个。我回答的,没多久被删了。原因是问题超过10个词,违反了本站相关规定。

我记得那个问题你做了一个comment,是那个关于currently shipping technologies的问题。

[Edited at 2007-06-14 05:49]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ term translation questions部分entries不显示

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »