The Taste of Power: Concerning the Locked Thread
Thread poster: Wenjer Leuschel
Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 12:49
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 23, 2007

Enforcing the rules is the obligation of a KudoZ moderator. It is well understood. No initimidation is supposed concerning the obligation of a KudoZ moderator. Nobody would dare to challenge the rules set for the community.

However, the thread titled "A Notice for Chinese KudoZ Users " started in a wrong way and that has led to the discussion in the thread.

The part in question is as follows: (When I have some time later, I will translate this part into English or other languages)

除此之外,偶尔还发现用户使用 Ask the Asker(问题问者)方框回答问题、互相聊天、拌嘴、警示/提示题问者的情况。这也是不许可的。请使用相应方框进行相应活动,聊天请到论坛来,拌嘴就免了吧,除非有人首先用穿过的短裤羞辱你(开个玩笑:D,据理力争可以,吵架拌嘴不可以!:P)警示题问者应该是管理者的事,请使用相应链接报告给管理人,但毋须自行警示对方。

网站的良性运作需要大家共同维护,请各位同仁从今天开始按照规则,停止使用 FYI 等回答问题。当然习惯成自然,我想可以给一个月的缓冲期逐渐转变,发现这种情况时,请大家积极“举报”:D,我也会随时单独提醒违规者,直至现象消除。

在经过一段时间后,对反复提示无效的用户,则不得不采取警告、临时禁用、禁用等强制措施。

Furthermore, I request a translation of the following posting:
http://www.proz.com/topic/76148?start=10
Or else, I will do the translation when I have the time to come to it.

I hope that the responsible one(s) will come up and clarify the situation. For instance, translate the above quoted or mentioned parts of the locked thread into English and make clear what was meant.

It is time to clear the ground so that there will be no more abuse of authority in this community.

[Edited at 2007-06-23 14:06]

Direct link

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:49
Chinese to English
+ ...
Different Opinions Jun 23, 2007

In the already locked down folder "重要!给 KudoZ 回答者的提示",

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

有一位同仁与我私下的信函片段如下,我虽未征求他的同意公布,但忖度应该无妨,所以公布这一部分。

I'm sorry to see you guys publicly falling out like this ...

I must say that's a fine how-de-do for the start of a nice weekend morning

Anyway, I hope nothing untoward was said in that note to add fuel to the flames. However, I still want to apologize for any comments either Jianjun or Wenjer finds distasteful or inappropriate coming from a third person. I know it's nearly impossible to mediate between two stong-willed people, but that's what I had in mind at the time when replying to a note from Wenjer.

I think it mostly boils down to an issue of what makes for ethical business practices. To use an analogy, it's similar to the matter of reusing stamps that accidentally didn't get cancelled out, where not everyone would have the same thinking, reach the same conclusion, and hold oneself up to the same standards.

The mentality of a "Rhinestone Cowboy" is not for everyone, yet I could understand why Wenjer identifies so much with the entrepreneurial spirit or the determination to succeed expressed in its lyrics ...

http://www.proz.com/post/585132#585132

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:49
SITE FOUNDER
This may be a matter best worked out in consultation with moderators Jun 23, 2007

Hi Wenjer,

I am not abreast of the situation alluded to in your post, however, it appears on the surface that this may be the type of issue that is best addressed in consultation directly with moderators and parties involved, not in an open discussion format featured on ProZ.com's home page. Therefore I am locking this thread, and removing it from the home page, until such time as our moderators can review the situation.

Thanks for using the site.

Regards,
Henry

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Taste of Power: Concerning the Locked Thread

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums