Dead Pigs Do Not Suffer in Boiling Water (死猪不怕开水烫)
Thread poster: Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 10:27
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 24, 2007

I must praise the installation of BB at this website, so that we translators know how to avoid bad payers.

I just got an e-mail saying:

hi
there is a translation job from english into chinese
can u translate it?
vered

As usual, I took a look into the profile of the aut
... See more
I must praise the installation of BB at this website, so that we translators know how to avoid bad payers.

hi
can u translate it?
vered

As usual, I took a look into the profile of the author and whose BB. Interesting!

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/6219

I remember that some people asked in this forum about how to avoid being cheated when accepting a job sometime ago. Now I would suggest that everyone of us should take advantage of ProZ's excellent service with the installation of BB. A glance into the BB of an outsourcer may recover what you pay for the membership at ProZ.com.

So, join us, guys, if you want to avoid working for the cat! (This is a German expression which means "working in vain.")The fee is nothing in comparison to what you can save with ProZ.com.

[Edited at 2007-06-25 00:21]
Collapse

lawliu
lawliu
English to Chinese
+ ...
I clicked on the link but it appeared blank! Jun 25, 2007

Thank you for your work. It will be helpful to any of the guys who is expecting to provide his services worldwide.

Anyway, what does the "BB" mean? I clicked on the link but it appeared blank!

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
BB = Blue Board Jun 25, 2007

liurenli wrote:

Thank you for your work. It will be helpful to any of the guys who is expecting to provide his services worldwide.

Anyway, what does the "BB" mean? I clicked on the link but it appeared blank!

Try the Profile at http://www.proz.com/profile/133866 and go over to the Blue Board.

I wish that people who got burnt sometime in their career as freelance translators could come up and share their experiences, so that the later comers would know more about tricks of those suckers and could thus avoid being hurt.

Though there is a ProZ Disclaimer at the bottom of BBs, they are a good reference for a reasonable selection clients. I always check up the BB of a newly interested colleague to make somehow sure that there is no bad experience from other colleagues.

Those who are not members of this website can spend some money from the Wallet or some BrowniZ to look into the BB of an outsourcer. It worths the effort almost all the time.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:27
English to Chinese
+ ...
Blue Board is very helpful Jun 25, 2007

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

hi
can u translate it?
vered

As usual, I took a look into the profile of the author and whose BB. Interesting!

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/6219

I also received exactly the same email. I believe this guy sent the same email to a lot of translators just by one click. Never reply to such emails, especially when you see all the comments made by translators on the agency are negative.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dead Pigs Do Not Suffer in Boiling Water (死猪不怕开水烫)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »