Weiwei,

我知道你经常过分工作,一个健康的人都很难长久像你那样工作,何况你还在长期治疗中。该休息的时候就要休息,以后才可能有更多的精力工作和享受生活。

你妈妈能来看你吗?

如果我们能做些什么,你在这里贴出来或者直接给我们邮件吧。

衷心祝愿你早日康复

虽然我只能下辈子再试冲浪了,但还是喜欢这段冲浪的场面,希望你也会喜欢:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBOTEBpyMk

Kevin Yang wrote:

Speaking of our little sister Denyce, can you people please send your warmest get-well greetings to her? She has been dealing with some health issues for months and just had an operation. She is a tough lady and did not want anyone know about it. Please show your loving care today! She will appreciate it.

Enjoy you weekend!

Kevin

Direct link Reply with quote

Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:29
Chinese to English
+ ...
衷心祝愿 Sep 1, 2007

Weiwei:

衷心祝你手术成功,早日康复!

相信你的坚强毅力能帮助你战胜一切困难!

老傅

Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
祝小妹妹早日康复 Sep 1, 2007

Weiwei,希望一切都越来越好,祝早日康复。

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:29
Chinese to English
+ ...
Get Well Soon Sep 1, 2007

Weiwei,

Best wishes for a full and expeditious recovery from your operation.

A little while ago you were talking about wanting to participate in a Chinese to English translation contest. Get well soon so you could do that!

Here are a couple of YouTube clips for you. They're not tailor-made, but the thoughts come very close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WausD5wVVp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZVPCApp9c

[Edited at 2007-09-01 21:49]

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 04:29
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Thank you Sep 1, 2007

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your concern and well wishes. I am very touched... Thanks to Kevin for thinking of me.

August was a rough month for me. To cut the story short, I had to switch from peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) to haemodialysis. My doctor thought that I might have a leakage in my peritoneum and so I should rest it for a while and use haemodialysis. Hence, they put a Demers catheter in my chest. The plan was to use haemodialysis for four weeks and then switch back to peritoneal dialysis. However, I found haemodialysis much more convenient and less stressful than peritoneal dialysis, and I talked to my doctor about staying permanently with haemodialysis. He is not really in favour of this. He said young renal failure patients should make haemodialysis their last option. He asked me to consider APD. With CAPD, I do four dialysate exchanges every day; with APD, I am hooked up to a machine at night while I sleep and it does several exchanges automatically throughout the night. APD is much more convenient. Well, I think APD is something between CAPD and haemodialysis. I get the benefits of both. Maybe I should really try it out...

That's all about me. Now I would like to say something quickly from deep down...

I have not been active in the forum recently, but I am aware of the tension between Jianjun and Wenjer. I really hope this feud can come to an end soon. It is just making everyone so unhappy. Life is precious... precious... precious. Don't fill it with bitterness, hatred, ego and all the bad things. You live once. Make it a good one. Keep smiling. Stay as cheerful as the sunshine. You win most when you forgive and forget.

I wish good health for all of you. Nothing is more precious than health... God bless.

Denyce

[Edited at 2007-09-01 22:11]

pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:29
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Weiwei, 你還要聽聽PK 叔的廣東普通話 Sep 1, 2007

DAVID 剛飛走,我們要用英語交談,因為他聽不懂我說什麼,我很想你聽聽,看看我的普通話是不是那麼差勁,祝早日來BOSTON.

Donglai Lou  Identity Verified
China
Member (2002)
English to Chinese
+ ...
A Brave Girl! Sep 2, 2007

Weiwei, salute you.

You have set a great example of how to be positive and optimistic about life. I hope you will be better soon.

Donglai

Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
You made yourself a doctor! Sep 2, 2007

Hi, Sis

You have been always on my mind. Apologize for not being able to check in as often as I should. I wish you can get by each day easier. The technologies are so advanced nowadays and you have many options to chose from. Please remember, no matter what option you take, it will also come with the loving care from your wonderful friends at ProZ.com. After all these years of fighting with the health problem, you made yourself a doctor! When I go to visit you someday, I will be happy to take a number and wait outside.

Thank you for being there as a positive influence to us. I trust that you and your strong will can overcome all the difficulties and get by each day the best it can be.

With much love,

Kevin

[修改时间: 2007-09-02 02:39]

Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Touched by your strong will Sep 2, 2007

Touched by your strong will, and hope you'll get well soon.

Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
祝你早日康復 Sep 2, 2007

Weiwei,

保重身體,協調好工作和休息,早日康復。

建軍

Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Gute Besserung! Sep 2, 2007

Hi Weiwei,

The best way to say it in German I know. Gute Besserung!

Let's not talk about any thing else. Silence, as Simon & Garfunkel sang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUy9ePyo6Q

Take good care!

- Wenjer

Shaunna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
Get well soon Sep 2, 2007

Bless!

Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 07:29
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Get well soon! Sep 2, 2007

Hi Denyce,

Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough time of it lately. We both wish you the very best of health and hope things get easier for you soon. Looking forward to lots more 'blah' in the future:)

Take care, you're in our thoughts.

Mark and FG
xxx

[Edited at 2007-09-02 03:31]

Horizon_LM  Identity Verified
French to Chinese
+ ...
祝福你早日康复! Sep 2, 2007

You are quite right. Life is precious... We should use it for most important things.

Good luck, brave girl.

stonejohn  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
To Weiwei Sep 2, 2007

祝你早日康复!

曾经在上课时被你扔过粉笔头的乖学生

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Our warmest get-well greetings to Denyce

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs