Thread poster: Denyce Seow

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 23:12
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Sep 23, 2007

Dear all,

Yesterday, two colleagues complained about a Kudoz question that asked for comments on the asker's translation. The asker posted this question because he/she was not sure of the source sentence. I checked the Kudoz rules and found that such questions are allowed but only in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz.

"Askers can also post sentences to ask for help in understanding a meaning, word order or a grammatical issue, but this should be done in the corresponding monolingual language pair."
http://www.proz.com/faq/kudoz#What_is_term_help

I realised, however, that people are not very active in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz. If you look at the recent Chinese-Chinese questions, most of them only have one or two answers. I think this might be because many of us do not have Chinese-Chinese Kudoz in our settings. If you would like to add Chinese-Chinese Kudoz in your settings, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the My Proz.com tab on the main page.
2. Click on My Settings.
3. Click on Languages.
4. Under Add a New Language Pair, select Chinese>Chinese.
5. Untick Show this language pair in my profile if you do not want 'Chinese' to show in your profile.

I am sure we will get more help when more people are checking Chinese-Chinese Kudoz questions.

Denyce

[Edited at 2007-09-24 06:46]

Direct link Reply with quote

ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:12
English to Chinese
+ ...
weiwei, Sep 24, 2007

若不是你提醒,我还真没注意到还有 Chinese-Chinese Kudoz 呢!谢谢!

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
As active as English-English Kudoz Sep 24, 2007

Yueyin,

You're welcome. I hope our Chinese-Chinese Kudoz will soon be as active as English-English Kudoz.

Denyce

Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 01:12
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I remember that once I used it... Sep 24, 2007

but no one answered so I had to re-post it in Chinese-English Kudoz.

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Low activity in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz Sep 24, 2007

Chinese Concept wrote:

but no one answered so I had to re-post it in Chinese-English Kudoz.

I once told a colleague to use Chinese-Chinese Kudoz but he didn't want to. He said he would not get as many responses as in Chinese-English Kudoz. I believe there will be more participation in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz if more people have it in their language settings.

[Edited at 2007-09-24 22:48]

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
原來很多人不知道或沒注意到 Sep 24, 2007

現在你們一提﹐參加的人肯定會多起來。

Denyce Seow wrote:
I believe there will be more participation in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz if more people have it in their language settings.

Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I hope so. Sep 24, 2007

chance wrote:

現在你們一提﹐參加的人肯定會多起來。

That is my purpose for raising this topic.

[Edited at 2007-09-24 16:27]

Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:12
Chinese to English
+ ...
谢谢Weiwei 提醒 Sep 25, 2007

我现在马上就加。:)

Denyce Seow wrote:

Dear all,

Yesterday, two colleagues complained about a Kudoz question that asked for comments on the asker's translation. The asker posted this question because he/she was not sure of the source sentence. I checked the Kudoz rules and found that such questions are allowed but only in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz.

"Askers can also post sentences to ask for help in understanding a meaning, word order or a grammatical issue, but this should be done in the corresponding monolingual language pair."
http://www.proz.com/faq/kudoz#What_is_term_help

I realised, however, that people are not very active in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz. If you look at the recent Chinese-Chinese questions, most of them only have one or two answers. I think this might be because many of us do not have Chinese-Chinese Kudoz in our settings. If you would like to add Chinese-Chinese Kudoz in your settings, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the My Proz.com tab on the main page.
2. Click on My Settings.
3. Click on Languages.
4. Under Add a New Language Pair, select Chinese>Chinese.
5. Untick Show this language pair in my profile if you do not want 'Chinese' to show in your profile.

I am sure we will get more help when more people are checking Chinese-Chinese Kudoz questions.

Denyce

[Edited at 2007-09-24 06:46]

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
最近Kudoz又有改變嗎﹖ Nov 10, 2007

我前幾天問了一個問題﹐沒有馬上打分﹐想等等看﹐而且記得一般會有郵件提醒應該打分關閉﹐這次沒有郵件提醒﹐我就差點兒忘了。當然還是提醒打分關閉前多給點時間最好﹐一周後可以提醒提醒﹐要不然不是不想打分關閉﹐而是忘了。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese-Chinese Kudoz

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs